Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Riding season over .... Skiing begins

Well today was my second day on the slopes ..... I am in PAIN .... I try to get in ski shape before it begins, but as usual the only thing that works is SKI-ing..... One of the problems is , there are no easy slopes at this time of year, they can only put snow on the highest & longest trails ..... The pain will pass and also lessen ( I hope ) ..... Enjoy what you can till the Spyders come out ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

No snow up here yet.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

We’ve had over 24 inches in November. It started raining today and all day tomorrow with 50’s tomorrow. First 50’s in over 30 days. It’s heading your way so enjoy. They can make snow at 28 at nights but it’s will be turning mash potato if that rain hits you Saturday. Everyone was making snow for bases over here but all the guns turned off yesterday. We’ll see.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well today was my second day on the slopes ..... I am in PAIN .... I try to get in ski shape before it begins, but as usual the only thing that works is SKI-ing..... One of the problems is , there are no easy slopes at this time of year, they can only put snow on the highest & longest trails ..... The pain will pass and also lessen ( I hope ) ..... Enjoy what you can till the Spyders come out ...... Mike
    Be careful Mike - we don't heal as fast as we use to
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Be careful Mike. I remember 40 or 50 years ago using something called a Bongo Board to get into ski condition prior to the beginning of skiing season. I think I would kill myself trying one out today. I wish my broken down body still had the ability to ski. Too much rodeo and falling off horses in my younger years has taken its toll. Go slow and enjoy..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

No snow down here in San Antonio just yet. Last year we did have some seriously cold weather (for this area) and enough snow to bring the city to a grinding halt. Our Fiat Abarth stood shivering in the driveway for several days as you can see.

Today we had plenty of sun and pleasant mid-70s temperatures. Being a good husband, I couldn't resist taking my wife's Sea to Sky for a ramble today while she was busy with a very long meeting most of the day. See how considerate I am taking care of her Spyder while she's otherwise occupied!

Fiat in the snow 2021.jpg
    Last edited by Arion; 12-01-2021 at 10:07 PM.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Snow

Hey Mike, I am going to send 95% of my Indiana Snow out your way. ....... .....stay safe. ..
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyes View Post
    Be careful Mike - we don't heal as fast as we use to
    X 2. Recently reminded of that fact.

Spyder Garage

Storms are supposed to hit this week out west. I can't wait!!!!!

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Skiing ? Snow ? what's that ? I have to go mow my lawn now....

Spyder Garage

I miss being able to ski. I didn't take up the sport until I was in my mid 30's, and enjoyed it whenever possible until I had to have both knees replaced. The orthopedic surgeon who replaced my knees said while I could walk or bike ride as much as I wanted to do, two activities were no longer part of my live, running and skiing. The running would pound the prosthetic knees into mush, and skiing would be too risky in terms of twisting my knee joints. Even after this surgery I held onto my skis and boots and poles for several years before fully accepting that I was no longer capable of enjoying this sport.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)