Spyder Garage

Default Which Ryker seat - Corbin vs Solo?

Hi all, This is probably beating a dead horse in a sense but all I can do is research as it is nearly impossible to find any way to test out my options.

The stock seat on either the Ace or the Rally do not work for me. The lip on the back is restrictive, I need a couple more inches or real estate back there.

I have whittled down my seat choices to either the Solo Comfort or the Corbin.

The Solo Comfort would be the easy answer but it removes the option for the Max Mount.

The Corbin looks nice and "says" it adds 2 inches in length and width but from the pictures on their site it looks like it sits the same distance away from the Max Mount as the standard BRP seat. If that is the case, are the inches towards the tank? As it is now on the standard seat my backside hits the Max Mount making it even more uncomfortable. Does the height of the Corbin reduce the Max Mount contact?

I have exhausted myself on this seat decision and would rather utilize what little mind space I have on other futile ponderings.

(fyi, I am not interested in the Ultimate Seat nor any other custom made options ~ I am spending enough $$ on the trike as it is).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Spyder Garage

In my experience with Corbin you can have them adjust the seat padding to suit your body as needed. Just call them and talk to them about your needs. They can probably make it happen.

They used to have a ride in service where they’ll seat you and measure you on your bike to make sure everything fits, you go have lunch and check out their shop and museum and wait a couple hours and you ride away with a new seat. Not sure if they still do this but you can ask and if you live near Gilroy CA you’re set.

Spyder Garage

SeaBear, this probably is dumb, but do you have footpegs and handlbars adjusted all the way forward.
    If you can't raise the bridge, lower the river.
    I am on the short side and on my last bike I was always up on the tank.
    Put on some rearsets and moved the bars back using risers and all was good.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    SeaBear, this probably is dumb, but do you have footpegs and handlbars adjusted all the way forward.
    If you can't raise the bridge, lower the river.
    I am on the short side and on my last bike I was always up on the tank.
    Put on some rearsets and moved the bars back using risers and all was good.
    Yep, all the way forward. It would be nice if the pegs could move a bit further but I am good w/ the handlebars. I am thinking the added height of either seat will help with the peg comfort as well.

Spyder Garage

The Corbin sits 2 inches higher. I liked the overall orientation of the original seat/handlebar so I had to add some risers to the handlebars to get that orientation back.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

I had a ton of difficulty with the stock seat, specifically the “lip” on the back. I bought two bead-rider style seat “cushions” on Amazon for $17 and it has been the best upgrade I’ve done.

No pressure points, plenty of air flow, and I can roll around on it to get comfortable while I’m riding. YMMV, but it eliminated the need for me to buy an expensive seat. It’s always way more comfortable than my buddy’s $100 Air Hawk cushion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-01-2021 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE View Post
    I had a ton of difficulty with the stock seat, specifically the “lip” on the back. I bought two bead-rider style seat “cushions” on Amazon for $17 and it has been the best upgrade I’ve done.

No pressure points, plenty of air flow, and I can roll around on it to get comfortable while I’m riding. YMMV, but it eliminated the need for me to buy an expensive seat. It’s always way more comfortable than my buddy’s $100 Air Hawk cushion.
    Thanks! I think I will take a look at that. That might be a good solution especially if it levels out the seat to remove the issue of the lip.

I'd appreciate the link to the one you bought if you can find it. Also, you said you bought 2. I assume you are only using 1 at a time, no?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBear View Post
    Thanks! I think I will take a look at that. That might be a good solution especially if it levels out the seat to remove the issue of the lip.

I'd appreciate the link to the one you bought if you can find it. Also, you said you bought 2. I assume you are only using 1 at a time, no?
    Yes, sorry I wasn’t clear. It was just such a good value, I bought the two pack. I hope it would help you and that I’m not overselling it. It worked for me, but I know all butts are different….lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1