Spyder Garage

Default Back rest for Ultimate Seat on 2019 RTL

I have an Ultimate seat on my 2019 RTL but no backrest. Would like to buy a backrest that will fit the existing hardware installed by Ultimate. Seat is black so need a black drivers backrest. Anyone have one they would like to sell? Backrest does not need to be an Ultimate but do want to use the existing mounting hardware installed by Ultimate.

Spyder Garage

Looking at the price of a 2014-2019 OEM driver backrest, which also includes the mounting hardware, were I in your boots my first step would be to Ultimate because of the price. IMO it would be an unusual Spyder owner who would part with his backrest because they add so much comfort to the riding experience. The $225 Ultimate wants is a song.

I have a friend who had a Spyder with an Ultimate seat and driver backrest that someone conveniently lifted right off the seat and disappeared with it as there was no integral locking mechanism on the backrest. Don't know, perhaps there is some kind of hole in the backrest rails through which one puts a lock or simple pin that cannot be removed without lifting the seat.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S