Spyder Garage

Default No sound from Wired headsets?! What am I missing?

Just bought a 2012 rt, added the entertainment harness, got a new wired imc-motorcom headset for can-am. Plugged it in and no sound. What am i missing. In the audio option i selected headset mix. Still no sound do i need something else?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpjr57 View Post
    Just bought a 2012 rt, added the entertainment harness, got a new wired imc-motorcom headset for can-am. Plugged it in and no sound. What am i missing. In the audio option i selected headset mix. Still no sound do i need something else?
    You need the CB installed. The factory installed audio has no external headset output.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    You need the CB installed. The factory installed audio has no external headset output.
    The OEM CB modules are pretty expensive, but there's a cheaper option here:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...w-in-the-Boxes

Not sure if it'll solve your problem &/or connect up to the earlier machines, but it's gotta be worth investigating, doesn't it??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-28-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What Idaho said. Then, the CB screen would appear on the main display. The intercom controls are then shown on that screen with the CB controls. See page 32 of your manual.

Or.....

Abandon that whole effort before you invest anymore and just go wireless. You won't believe what a pain that cord becomes every time you stop for gas.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 11-28-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    What Idaho said. Then, the CB screen would appear on the main display. The intercom controls are then shown on that screen with the CB controls. See page 32 of your manual.

Or.....

Abandon that whole effort before you invest anymore and just go wireless. You won't believe what a pain that cord becomes every time you stop for gas.
    ABSOLUTLEY right on the money.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I want to listen to the radio in the helmet, how would I do cordless? The 2012 doesnt have blue tooth in the radio

Spyder Garage

Simply use the bluetooth, on your phone, get a spotify account, and for afew bucks, you enjoy, YOUR music, without commercials.

Or get a good communication device, so you also can talk to your fellow passenger, or other ryders, there are more ways to rome...
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

I want to listen to the radio in the helmet, how would I do cordless? The 2012 doesnt have blue tooth in the radio
    In order tp listen to the factory entertainment center in your bluetooth helmet, you will need the bluetooth dongle. You can get it from BRP for a lot of money and still have to buy the cord extra or you can buy it alot cheaper from Motorcycledave.com and the cord in included. Finless bob has a you tube video on how to install it. It is really simple,just a little fiddly as every thing on the Spyder is. I have this system on my 2012 RTL and it works very well. I also bring in music,podcasts etc directly from my phone for which you don't need the dongle,just a bluetooth headset in your helmet.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 11-30-2021 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

As pegasus says, contact Motorcycle Dave. He has an ad on the home page. He can maybe still supply the BT dongle, the cable to connect the dongle to the radio, and BT headsets for your helmet. The output on the radio that is used is the one that feeds the optional CB radio so it is not strong enough to directly power a corded headset. Unfortunately, the money you spent on the entertainment harness, if you actually bought it, is money down the drain. You might be able to sell it, but the demand for it is close to nil. It was superseded by the new audio system introduced with the 2018 model.

If you really want to use a wired headset I think it would be possible to buy a small automobile amplifier and feed it from the same output the BT dongle is connected to. But then you have the challenge of connecting a headset to the amplifier. So a wired headset can be done, but there is no economical easy way to do so.

The BT route is undoubtedly the smartest way to go. Also, with the BT dongle and BT headset you can connect a music device such as an iPod or MP3 player to the port in the trunk and listen to it. The iPod can be controlled by the handlebar controls. With an MP3 player all you have control of is volume. Did you get the two cables that connect into the round port in the trunk? You need one for iPod and the other for MP3 player. Also, you can add a BT receiver to the stereo cable in the trunk and listen to radio or tunes from your phone.

You have options. Read your manual and do a search on here to learn what all you can do. Focus on posts prior to 2018. Things changed a lot with the 2018 model.

Did you get the owner's manual with your Spyder? If not, go here and download one. www.operatorsguides.brp.com/. If you're into doing your own service work on it go here to get a manual, about $30. www.canammanuals.com.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 11-29-2021 at 02:18 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

In case you're wondering, the only aspect of the Spyder that is 100% plug and play is placing your butt on the seat and the key into the ignition! Beyond that every addition, option, or farkle, ranges from easy to difficult!

2014 Copper RTS