Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I have just bought a new RTL which I have yet to ride. Waiting for some rain to wash the salt from the roads. I also have a January 2021 GW DCT which I don’t want to part with, it’s a lively ride. The RT was an 80th present to myself 😎

Spyder Garage

I’ve wanted a spyder since 1969 when I seen one in the Santa Claus parade.finally was able to get my new 2019 f3 limited this year. I’ve had 6 bikes over the years and the wife has had two.we both started to loss interest in them and finally sold them.with the new toy I’ve got the bug again for riding.now I just have to get the wife interested again lol

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 190243 View Post
    I’ve wanted a spyder since 1969
    1969????????????????????? The first Spyder was a 2008 model introduced in 2007!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Part of the reason I bought a Spyder was that my wife likes to ride with me, as a passenger. When I decided that the Goldwing was just too heavy I first thought to just buy a lighter bike, like the Triumph T120, but the passenger comfort on that bike is minimal. She loves being on the RT, even more than she did on the Goldwing.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

They started by putting wheels on the front end where the skis go. I knew then somebody was thinking, just wish it was me...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-10-2021 at 03:53 PM. Reason: .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    New sled had wheels on it. mounted where the skis went, was pretty cool
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-29-2021 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Skis

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    They are just snowmobile’s with wheels after all. one day there’s gonna be snow tires for them and I hope to be first in line for them lol
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-29-2021 at 03:37 PM. Reason: space

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Waveflyer View Post
    I have just bought a new RTL which I have yet to ride. Waiting for some rain to wash the salt from the roads. I also have a January 2021 GW DCT which I don’t want to part with, it’s a lively ride. The RT was an 80th present to myself 😎

~~~Welcome to the fold Waveflyer. Awesome 1st post BTW.

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

She's disabled, so she doesn't ride often, she's just more comfortable on the GW, I think. Seems the seat is more comfortable and maybe a little bigger. Also the backrest has less curve to it, so that might be part of it. When she's on it, I take it easier around the corners and she's ok with it my driving.

I'd love to get one of the "reverse" 'Wing trikes, but it comes down to price. I can't afford $40K+ for one which is one of the reasons we looked at the Spyders. A used one is MUCH cheaper.

I'm fairly well versed in 'Wings, my brother wore out a GL1500 Anniversary edition. We did a lot of work to that thing to keep it going, but he's hard on his bikes and finally killed it. He's on an '05 1800 now. I've borrowed it a couple of times and she loves the ride. Just finding an 1800 trike I can afford has been a bit difficult.

My other "concern" is that I won't like riding the trike solo. I like the RTS well enough to ride alone when she's not up to it, but will I ride the 'Wing trike? I suppose there's only one way to find out. Maybe I need to find a cheap two-wheeler for myself....
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Active Member SpyderGoldwingOwner's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Still a Goldwing rider 2018. Ride the Spyder when my wife does not
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT
    2018 Honda Goldwing DCT