Spyder Garage

Default Website www.ourfee.com - any body have experience with them?

To anybody on the forum:

I've been searching the web for best prices on a Garmin Zumo 396 or Zumo XT GPS. I've gotten a pretty good feel for what I think the market is offering those good units for. Then, this afternoon, I got search engine hits on a site WWW.OURFECOM. They are offering these GPSs, and others at prices $200 or more below the lowest around. I've often found a deal too good to be true to be just that, so I wanted someone else's experiences. I can't find anything when I search for reviews or information about that site, so I'm asking this forum. Anybody have good experience ordering from that site?

Regards, PatrickH
    2014 Spyder RT LTD silver, Corbin saddle w/backrest & gas filler door, 4" stubby antenna, dual USB charging receptacle on dash, handlebar "cuff" attachment point for RAM phone mount, Diamond-R trunk-top level luggage rack, magic mirrors, Bestem saddle bag liners & Hopnel trunk bag (2-piece set), SpyderPops bumpskid (not lighted), highway foot rests; rear tire General Altimax 215/60/15, Baker Wind Wings, LED Headlights, RT Series 2010-2019 Rear Trunk Holder

Spyder Garage

nope. doesn't sound legit.

Spyder Garage

TheGPSStore.com has the unit on sale for $199. I know they are reputable an easy to deal with.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I know. The ourfee.com was advertizing the 2 units I referenced at $99.00 each. I wanted to either learn I was missing out on a good deal, or else to warn fellow Spyderlovers about a likely bad actor on the web.
    2014 Spyder RT LTD silver, Corbin saddle w/backrest & gas filler door, 4" stubby antenna, dual USB charging receptacle on dash, handlebar "cuff" attachment point for RAM phone mount, Diamond-R trunk-top level luggage rack, magic mirrors, Bestem saddle bag liners & Hopnel trunk bag (2-piece set), SpyderPops bumpskid (not lighted), highway foot rests; rear tire General Altimax 215/60/15, Baker Wind Wings, LED Headlights, RT Series 2010-2019 Rear Trunk Holder

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Stay away from them. It's a Chinese outfit tied in with Alibaba. There is no physical location listed on their website, and no valid customer service link. If you click on 'contact customer service' link on the shipping and returns page you come up with a big red warning about unsafe website and a URL altogether different from the ourfee.com URL.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the warning. I searched our forum but found nothing about them, so I started this thread to get answers like your response.
    Regards, PatrickH

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Red face Choose a reputable vendor or a reputable payment protector.

GPS Store is Outstanding. Excellent product information. Excellent prices. I recommend them.

I recently fell for a product substitution scam for a cheap toy purchased via PayPal. The vendor US Stores promises one item (the toy) but ships another (a clock). And the website disappeared before the product arrived. When you tell PayPal wrong item shipped it says return to vendor which allegedly is in China (the item was shipped from Culver City CA with a return address in Jamestown NY -- the China tracking number was fake) which invalidates any benefit from PayPal's payer protection program. When you tell PayPal this is a fraud case it tells you to contact the vendor. Lesson-learned: I'm moving most of my payments elsewhere (eg, Amazon Pay).

My point is either choose a reputable vendor (eg, GPS City) or a reputable payment protector (eg, Amazon Pay).
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sad but True

Tis the Season for scumbags to rip off the general public.

As posted above 'Buyer Beware' .......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

My computer didn't like the site at all, said it was not a secure site!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Enough red flags to make me stay away from the site mentioned. As mentioned by others, buyer beware.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I use ResellerRatings.com to check if web site businesses are legit,however not all web businesses will be listed,but it's a good place to start.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I use ResellerRatings.com to check if web site businesses are legit,however not all web businesses will be listed,but it's a good place to start.
    Considering the proliferation of false user reviews plaguing the web retail business, https://askbobrankin.com/heres_how_t...IhEu40uP28P6SL, how confident can you be that that site is reliable?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

This is aimed more at network and security professionals, but Cisco Systems offers a really good reputation rating service:
    https://talosintelligence.com/reputation_center

The rating is centered on email (or spam) volume but there is a lot of information here. The reputation is "Neutral" which likely means Talos does not have enough information about it to make a call.
    Screenshot 2021-12-01 133649.png

It is a Chinese site. Alibaba is supplying the web hosting, but they don't otherwise have a direct connection. FWIW, Amazon offers the same service here in the US with their AWS cloud, arguably the largest cloud provider on the internet.

Good luck and be careful,
    Bob
    Last edited by RideOn; 12-01-2021 at 04:46 PM.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Based on a couple of riding friends that had the 396 and many reviews, you would be better served getting the XT or a 590/5.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White