Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I am in northern Indiana. I've ridden down to the low 40's so far. Not sure how low I can go. The only part of me that gets cold is the top of my hands. I am still using lightweight gloves

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Parked my Ryker a few weeks ago.

Spyder Garage

I've rode a couple days that started out in the 40's, but got up into the 50's by evening here in southern Indiana. might not be too many more of them this season. I plan on doing afternoon rides as long as it's 45 to 50 as long as the roads are clear.

Spyder Garage

We’ll we only got 3 inches last night. Today was the first day of hunting season in PA. It’s been at least 5-6 years since we had snow first day. Sun came out so only about 6 inches on the ground and roads bare accept all the dirt back roads. When I was a kid in the early 80’s we hunted in snow shoes all season no joke. We used sleds all the time to get to our stands or pull them out. That pattern has really changed. Suppose to snow tonight and then rain tomorrow night and Monday. Rain snow all week. We haven’t got any salt yet so I am hoping in two weeks when my spyder is put back together to sneak a ride in or load it up in my snowmobile trailer and head south to Virginia or hit lower and beat her up and make sure everything’s good. The trailer is heated and has oven and fold down cots. I have heated seats and gear and if it’s to cold I’ll use the BRP modular 3 snowmobile helmet. I don’t think I’ll need that but we’ll see.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 11-27-2021 at 05:13 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

My dad just texted me from his winter home in Mesa. He put a lousy 120 miles today on his new spyder. It was only 78 today. Knowing him and mom they will have 25000 by the time they come home next mid May. It sprinkled yesterday he said. In Arizona that’s a couple drops just smaller than sweat beads

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Weathermen said that we would see some snow overnight, any accumulation would be just on the grass. Heard the plows go by during the night and knew that was not a good sign! Woke up to 4" and fired up the snowblower. 113 days to Spring... and oh, yeah, we have a new 2022 RT Limited on order, so Spring sounds even better than normal!

(Off topic: Here in VT. last night we got about 4 inches of snow, in the valleys. The higher elevations got close to a foot of snow, the sled is getting restless!). I fired up the snow blower also, put spyder into hibernation last month. Congrats on the 2022 RT Limited!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    That's the ticket! Thanks for the link.
    It came in this afternoon and took it out for a test ride just wearing jeans, tank top, and a nats long sleeve shirt on inside the suit with the hood pulled up underneath the helmet.

I wouldn't say it was toasty but I wasn't cold either. But my hands, oh my god I definitely need better gloves.

I tested by starting off in Frederick filling up near the house and went up to Gambrill Park road (about 1800 ft higher) ext. temp gauge read 46 at the Sunoco on 40 by the Time I was at Gambrill Park road it was 39 and up by the Summit it was 36.

I was going to go up Tower road to catch 77 by Cunningham falls but bailed on Hamburg road and came back home as my so called "winter gloves" I have now couldn't hold up to below 40 temps at speed. I have some Joe rocket leather gauntlet gloves on order and I hope they perform better.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

We’re supposed to have several days in the 60’s here before Friday. Going for a ride after church today and probably a couple more this week.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I don't see me putting mine to bed. There's always a warm day here and there in Ga.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

As long as it is in the mid-40s I will ride. Here in West TN there is typically days like that or better throughout the winter. Heck, today it was 76 degrees out. Awesome to be wearing summer jacket and gloves again.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

The Polar Bear Grand Tour runs each Sunday thru the winter here in NJ/PA/NY. I'll make a majority of the rides if the weather permits so there's no rest for the RT.
    https://polarbeargrandtour.com/rides.htm
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

We are lucky enough to live in a very temperate zone. We ride all year with the exception of the couple days where we may have an inch or so of snow. Temps are also mostly moderate. It is kind of like Florida, but without the geezers on the golf carts.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Turning 75 in a couple months, I am riding below 40F less and less.
    No heated gear, but this is my first year for riding pants to break the wind.
    The Ryker is better for leg warmth than many M/C; although on the Triumph, tucking my legs close to the tank benefits from warm air flow over the engine.
    This time of year, my rides are typically less than 200 miles.

22-Lee Canyon 21 Oct 2021.jpg
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

It's been really mild here so far this year. Temps in the 50s and 60s for weeks now. Not much precipitation all year.

They say it might snow next week, here at about 5000 feet. Usually it snows each year by Halloween, but not this year. Ski resorts are hurting, not just from Covid.

Just took the Spyder back to the dealer yesterday for them to work on the air suspension again (been trouble since new, 3 months ago). I hope if they have it a week while the weather is yuck, then I can ride it home again the week after. I cannot remember the start of the winter ever being this mild into December and this is after an unusually hot summer.

I'd say that's great for riding, but after all these years of drought the water situation is starting to get really serious unless we get a good mountain snow pack this year.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

I would love to ride year round but will need to leave Northern IL first. For now I will go out when I can when temp is over 40, until they salt the roads. Once that is done I need the temps over 40 following a decent rain to clear the salt. Really not looking forward to winter this year. Hoping for an early spring! Happy Holidays and stay well all!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-04-2021 at 05:25 PM. Reason: i = is ?? + caps & sp. ;-)

Spyder Garage

It’s over for me. Pulled the battery this afternoon. It will go in the basement on a battery tender.

2021 Spyder F3-S Special Series
    ————————————————-
    Monster Fuel Injection Stage II
    K&N Air Filter
    Lamonster Cat Delete Pipe with Baffle
    Akrapovic Sinister Exhaust
    Ultimate Floorboards
    Baja Ron’s Anti-Sway Bar Kit
    Elka Shocks Stage 3 Front, Stage 4 Rear
    F4 Customs 32” Windshield
    Pedal Commander
    FOBO 2 TPMS