Spyder Garage

Default Ryker 900 exhausts - which one do you think is the quietest?

I have read all the posts on types of exhaust, I still don’t know what is my clear choice.
    Out of all exhausts (Treal, rls, two brothers, Brannon king, and the others I miss) which one do y’all think is the quietest?

The rls controlled chaos seems the best for that so far but the treal doesn’t so loud also, it’s difficult on videos.

I’m hoping y’all have some real life experience ?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Spyder Garage

I had a Two Brothers exhaust (carbon muffler) on a Kawasaki Versys 650 and found it to be very loud - like getting-a-headache loud after half an hour or so of riding. It didn't improve performance despite what some "seat-of-the-pants" dyno reports insist. The net result was just an increase in noise; I eventually re-installed the stock muffler and gained the lasting appreciation of my neighbors.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Thank you for that.

I too had a two brothers slip on a 250ninja
    It was extremely loud
    Sounded like a jack hammer in my full faced helmet!

Spyder Garage

If you want a aftermarket QUIET exhaust, save your money and keep the stock pipe you have on there right now!! If it's going to improve proformance, and or give me better gas milage I see the sense in doing it, different stocks for different folks! I know guy's I am getting to be a old poop!!! Just don't like to wear ear plugs when I ride!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-25-2021 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Quiete?? ;-)
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I researched Ryker exhausts extensively. In the end, it came down to RLS Exhausts. The Controlled Kaos, Stealth, and Core series' are the quietest. I went with the Stealth series. It's louder than stock but deep and more throaty. A short baffle was included. I know of others who added longer 51mm baffles.

This being said, Two Brothers and Brannon King are loud. Like in your face, wake the dead loud. Definitely not for me.

Silber Turbo Tunable exhaust is another option as it has 2 baffles, one at each end. But, build quality has been suffering. I've heard of weld cracks after 3 months with little, if any, aftermarket support.

Treal Performance is very loud with a price tag to match the loudness. Baffles and spring tools are extra.

I have a short video of the RLS Stealth series there :::> https://youtu.be/BgvssX_lw4o
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

I like the sound of a deep sounding somewhat quiet muffler....but, if I were to change the sound of my rally I'd look into getting a good stereo 1st.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KnurledNut View Post
    I researched Ryker exhausts extensively. In the end, it came down to RLS Exhausts. The Controlled Kaos, Stealth, and Core series' are the quietest. I went with the Stealth series. It's louder than stock but deep and more throaty. A short baffle was included. I know of others who added longer 51mm baffles.

This being said, Two Brothers and Brannon King are loud. Like in your face, wake the dead loud. Definitely not for me.

Silber Turbo Tunable exhaust is another option as it has 2 baffles, one at each end. But, build quality has been suffering. I've heard of weld cracks after 3 months with little, if any, aftermarket support.

Treal Performance is very loud with a price tag to match the loudness. Baffles and spring tools are extra.

I have a short video of the RLS Stealth series there :::> https://youtu.be/BgvssX_lw4o
    That’s good to know!
    Appreciate your input
    You think the controlled kaos is quieter than the stealth.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-25-2021 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBella View Post
    That’s good to know!
    Appreciate your input
    You think the controlled kaos is quieter than the stealth.
    It's hard to say. When I watched the videos it was so close. I liked the sound of Stealth.
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

I,d rather listen to good music at a moderate level through my ear buds. Sound polution is second only to global warming???

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

After listening to too many videos, I eventually purchased the RLS controlled Kaos one. It has a baffle insert and the puller included, plus a bunch of stickers if that is your thing.

Here is my take after riding with it for awhile:
    In my modular helmet it is loud, I had to crank up the volume on my cardo
    In my 3/4 helmet it is much quieter
    with no helmet it isn't loud at all - i don't ride without a helmet very often and when I do it is very short distances.

I'm no engineer, but the helmets seem to hold the noise/vibrations in there. Just one guys .02 and worth everything you paid for it.

On a side note, some of the aftermarket exhausts can make your bike run a little lean. I would check into it. Getting an aftermarket flash will add another couple of hundred to the bill. The exhaust I bought was significantly cheaper than some of the much louder ones.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the info!
    Thinking keeping it stock for now

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBella View Post
    I have read all the posts on types of exhaust, I still don’t know what is my clear choice.
    Out of all exhausts (Treal, rls, two brothers, Brannon king, and the others I miss) which one do y’all think is the quietest?

The rls controlled chaos seems the best for that so far but the treal doesn’t so loud also, it’s difficult on videos.

I’m hoping y’all have some real life experience ?

Happy Thanksgiving!

You will not gain any significant HP from an aftermarket exhaust. Keep the factory exhaust and enjoy the bike for what it is!

Spyder Garage

I agree with keeping the stock exhaust.

All of the aftermarket options sound like a wet fart to me. I have not seen any proof that gas mileage or performance was increased. The stock exhaust weighs 18 pounds and I’d love to get rid of it, but it’s not worth the hassle and the (in my opinion) waste of money for any gains.

Spyder Garage

Some of us aren't into horsepower gains or mileage increases. We just want a different sound.

Maybe I kind of like the sound of wet fart?
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

As hard as it is to admit this - .......

There again, given the choice between a 'full throttle wet fart' sound or the 'run-away sewing machine rattling a half empty tin of gravel' tinny noise the stock Ryker mufflers make, I'll go with the wet fart every day!!

But, whatever floats your boat.... or goat... sorry, Ryker!

Oh, and an ECU Upgrade teamed with an RLS Exhaust and some relatively easy air intake improvements on both the Ryker's intakes really CAN add horsepower gains and milage improvements, as well as getting rid of that bloody awful OE cacaphony! Wins all round!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-30-2021 at 10:37 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I like to call it a "burble", and I agree with you. The deep throaty burble does sound better thssn the stock exhaust in my opinion.

Spyder Garage

Back to the exhaust discussion. If a person can expect no noticeable gains in performance or gas mileage, does the free flowing exhaust offer any long term benefits to the engine? A nice, quiet exhaust that is similar to the stock unit would be nice, but if it offers no benefits, I will save $400.

Spyder Garage

Some of us aren't into horsepower gains or mileage increases. We just want a different sound.

Now that's funny.

Exhaust fiddling is tempting, but I promised myself I would only go so far with meddling on this new vehicle purchase. I've replaced the headlights and added some needed accessories. I might replace the plastic sway bar links with Ron's at some point and upgrade the seat, but that's about it. I don't love the stock muffler, but I don't hate it, either. The inline 3 has a naturally enticing sound. Just joking. I replaced the muffler on my F-150 a couple years ago by myself, and that "fun" experience got it out of my system. Good luck to all, and I hope everybody gets their desired result.
    Last edited by MudBug; 01-11-2022 at 08:54 PM.
    -2021 Ryker 900

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE View Post
    Back to the exhaust discussion. If a person can expect no noticeable gains in performance or gas mileage, does the free flowing exhaust offer any long term benefits to the engine? A nice, quiet exhaust that is similar to the stock unit would be nice, but if it offers no benefits, I will save $400.
    Peter Aawaen answered this prior to your post. If you change the exhaust, change the air intake, and get an ECU upgrade, it will do a good bit for your bike. I'm no motorhead, but from what I have learned there is only one way to know for sure and that is a dyno. There are several manufacturers out there with dyno numbers for you to see if it is worth the investment. Just using fake numbers here, but to me $400 for and exhaust, $400 for an ECU, and $100 for air improvements is a no brainer, for others that might be too much. Some people will drop $400 on pretty lights. I really think it is dependent on your circumstances and desires. I like going the posted speed limit Others want their bike to be pretty, some others want it to look like a UFO at night, some people want it so loud it breaks pavement apart. Some of it is a financial consideration only. My bike is a toy, it isn't hurting my income, and adding extras to it doesn't impact my life or family negatively. If I couldn't write the check next semester for my kid in college, the bike would be listed for sale the next day.

Spyder Garage

Hey, I had an RLS core on my 2020 Rally. Sound wise on short trips just fine but longer rides over 50mph... not so much. Too high rpm just made the drone uncomfortable. Side notes: nice quality exhaust, nice sound, much lighter than oem, noticeable less heat from below on warm days. I since sold the Ryker and 5he buyer didn't want the pipe so I sold it separately.
    Vince F in Niagara Falls
    2022 Spyder F3 Special Edition
    2020 Ryker Rally, sold
    2022 F3S , Stock Lamonster black diamond Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Of all the exhaust videos I've watched on YouTube, I've always been partial to the nice throaty sound of the RLS Stealth model. The others were all way too loud for these 69 year old ears.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

If you really want a quiet aftermarket exhaust here are the options
    RLS controlled Kaos, Stealth, or Core
    Silbur tunable
    Treal with added baffles

The problem with most of the videos online is they only show you the bike at idle. But we all know the Ryker has a CVT and when riding at 55mph the bike will be at 6000+ rpm which will make whatever exhaust you have sound like a constant LOUD droning elephant fart. Honestly the CVT drone is my least favorite part of the Ryker and its the reason I still have a stock exhaust.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-21-2022 at 07:03 PM. Reason: quit = quiet ;-)