Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kamper View Post
    My wife tried the s2s and thought the seat was great. So I'd like to put a call out to anyone that has upgraded there s2s to comfort that I would be interested in purchasing your old seat. Just pm me thanks.
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...highlight=seat
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

For me the comfort seat was well worth the purchase. We made 2 distance rides since purchase of my 21 RTL, 1 to Wilmington, NC with stock seat and 1 to St Augustine, FL (12 states 2900 miles) and the comfort seat made a huge difference for us. We had no trouble riding longer intervals and could comfortably ride from gas stop to gas stop without feeling like we had gotten our butts kicked. We had to stop more frequently with the stock seat. Chris
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-29-2021 at 04:42 PM. Reason: butts ;-)

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I don't know about recent models, but with my 2014, the main difference between stock and comfort seats is the added legroom of the comfort seat.
    Hi, UtahPete. That's my main issue. I just don't have enough legroom on my 2018 RT-L, and the LaMonster highway pegs would be in an uncomfortable position for me. The Can-Am promo says that the Comfort Seat has more legroom for taller drivers, but no data were given. So, just how much more legroom do you get with the Comfort seat than the stock RT-L seat?

Spyder Garage

I had a 2020RTL with oem seat and thought it was ok until I got a 2022 F3L Limited which comes with the comfort seat as standard. Can tell the difference-pleasantly.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tonypil View Post
    Hi, UtahPete. That's my main issue. I just don't have enough legroom on my 2018 RT-L, and the LaMonster highway pegs would be in an uncomfortable position for me. The Can-Am promo says that the Comfort Seat has more legroom for taller drivers, but no data were given. So, just how much more legroom do you get with the Comfort seat than the stock RT-L seat?
    Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    I had a 2020RTL with oem seat and thought it was ok until I got a 2022 F3L Limited which comes with the comfort seat as standard. Can tell the difference-pleasantly.
    I think you'll find that the early (2007/8-2019) optional "Comfort Seats" are a little different to the OEM seats that're being called "Comfort Seats" on the 2020+ models.

The earlier model optional versions of the "Comfort Seats" gave the Rider an extra 2" of leg room by reducing the length of the 'rider's lumbar support hump' in the front of the Pillion rider's space more than anything else; while those OEM "Comfort Seats" on the 2020+ models actually involve a different density seat support/padding foam to the earlier versions rather than providing any 'more space for the Rider' per se...

So Tonypil, if you need more Rider space/better legroom on a pre 2020 model, then as mentioned earlier in this thread, the optional 'Comfort Seat' for those year/models will give you that, 2"/50mm more in fact, but it comes at the expense of the length of seat space between your Pillion Passenger's thighs. If you want better/different padding on those early models but don't necessarily need more space/legroom, then talk to Motorcycle Dave, one of our Sponsors here, about affordably adding a gel pad under the cover of your existing seat; or if you want to spend a bit more, contact Ultimate Seats, also a Sponsor here, or one of the other a/mkt seat manufacturers/trimmers, about getting a custom seat made to suit your needs! There are links to our Sponsors on the Home Page &/or in the scrolling banners across the top of most pages.

Over to you!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-22-2023 at 07:05 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!