Spyder Garage

Default BRP Go instead of BRP Connect?

Now that its been around awhile, what is the consensus of thought on Go versus Connect? And how does one get Go on their Spyder to replace Connect if that is their choice?
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

For me, it’s a NO GO, Saluda. I was using CONNECT (living with some connection issues) and updated to GO as I thought it would provide a better experience. (you simply download the GO app to your phone and follow the instructions). I was WRONG…GO has removed the “Music” function from Connect, so you can no longer switch between Playlists, Albums etc to control your music. They claim they will be putting it back sometime, but knowing the pace at which BRP operates, that could be years.

Just make sure you are very happy going with GO before installing it, as BRP have deleted Connect from the App Store, so you can’t revert. That was the last straw for me. I now run everything through my Zumo XT…..and it works brilliantly, connecting everything with ease, first time, never dropping out, and not locking your phone.

Others may love GO, but it is a retro step for me.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I like it better. However, I don't use any music through the app. I just use it for mapping only, so in that regard it works better. I control my music through my Sena headset. Even though I said I like it better, it is still a deeply flawed app.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Just make sure you are very happy going with GO before installing it, as BRP have deleted Connect from the App Store, so you can’t revert.
    For Android there is a work around, but you need to be familiar with installing programs on your phone without going to the Play Store. Search the 'net for "brp connect apk download". Also search for "install apk" if you're not familiar with the process. It's not overly complicated. That is all I will say about this in order to not stir the ire of Valcourt gods.

Since I'm not an iPhone user I don't know if there is a similar process for iOS, but I'm doubtful considering how tightly Apple controls all things iOS wise.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    For Android there is a work around, but you need to be familiar with installing programs on your phone without going to the Play Store. Search the 'net for "brp connect apk download". Also search for "install apk" if you're not familiar with the process. It's not overly complicated. That is all I will say about this in order to not stir the ire of Valcourt gods.

Since I'm not an iPhone user I don't know if there is a similar process for iOS, but I'm doubtful considering how tightly Apple controls all things iOS wise.
    Thanks Idaho….that’s useful info . I won’t bother checking to see if Apple has an equivalent though. I’m not enamoured enough with BRPConnect to spend any more of my time on it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I have a 2021 RTL, the BRP Go App works good for me but only use it for mapping. Music is ran through Bluetooth and I use several music apps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shardt View Post
    I have a 2021 RTL, the BRP Go App works good for me but only use it for mapping. Music is ran through Bluetooth and I use several music apps.
    How do you do that shardt? I assume your phone holds the map and music apps, and your phone is BT/connected to the BRPGO cable, meaning that GO has your phone locked. How do you then control the several music apps?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.