Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. Pretty impressive. I went to the Hunter website. I wonder now if that's what the local tire shop used to align my Maxima wheels recently.

The challenge you face in promoting your system, as I see it, is perfection vs. 'good enough'. Your add-on tool for the Hunter alignment equipment would have to be fairly economical and easy to use to garner interest on the part of an alignment shop owner to serve the limited market of Spyder owners. The Rolo system obviously does not provide all the detailed info the Hunter system will, but years of experience of Spyder owners is it leads to pretty damn good results. Do we really need or want to pay for the incrementally improved results your system provides? Maybe, but I'm doubtful.

PMK and I discussed the issue of 'good enough' vs. 'absolute best' last spring when I chronicled my DIY experience doing my own alignment using a couple of torpedo laser levels and whacked together targets. Was my alignment perfect? Probably not but it sure was good enough to let me ride easy all summer! Had camber and caster been adjustable it might have been a different story.

I'm with PMK about his concern about the camber you found on your F3. Makes me wonder how many Spyders out there don't have a correctly configured suspension. I say keep poking and prodding and maybe we'll see another dimension in Spyder care and maintenance in a few years.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 11-30-2021 at 10:27 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Good ole Hunter. You bring back a lot of memories Triniman. First machine (and last) I worked with in the 70’s. No lasers like today, no touch screens, no computer to tell you where to add or remove a shim. I applaud your effort to marry the system to a Spyder.

Plus they have a manufacturing facility 10 miles from me in Raymond.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange