Spyder Garage

Question 2020 RTL - Should a USB cable be in the frunk as well as glovebox?

Just purchased the bike and the PO routed a USB cable to the handlebar phone mount. I really have no use for that location.

So there is nothing in the glovebox and I also looked in the frunk and nothing.

Sidenote the mp3 cable in the glovebox is very short, is that normal? I see that the rubber plug at the bottom of the glovebox is just laying loose under it as that USB cable next to it I suspect it the one running to the handlebar.

I did see if it had any additional slack but it does not, so the mp3 cable will not even reach out of the glovebox, even if the rubber plug was put back in place.

Should the USB cable be located in both areas?

Also if the USB is supposed to be in the frunk what would the location be?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-23-2021 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not engine/size related

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In 2020, BRP moved the USB cable from the frunk to the glove box. I used one of Lamonsters kits to extend my USB cable to my handlebars so I could mount my phone. The glove box can be removed. Just pull. Both the USB and 3.5mm plug (i.e. MP3 cable) are relatively short but they were short even in the previous generation.

Spyder Garage

Many thanks!!!!

Spyder Garage

Escorial, just be aware that the USB in the 20+ RT glovebox is used to connect to BRPConnect/Go. If you plug your phone cable into it, Connect will try to take control of your phone. If you just want to use it for charging your phone, you will need to insert a Data Blocker into the USB and then plug your cable in.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

hello, where can i purchase a data blocker? when i plug my phone into it, it states not functioning. thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garyleblanc1 View Post
    hello, where can i purchase a data blocker? when i plug my phone into it, it states not functioning. thanks
    Gary, just do an internet search for “data blocker” and you’ll have your choice of dozens. They are only around .75” x .5”. I’m in Australia so my links would be different

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garyleblanc1 View Post
    Search USB data blocker on Amazon
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue