Spyder Garage

Angry 2020 RTL - Check Engine Light ON but no Fault Codes?

So I just gassed up the bike and had a bit of problem starting it. After I finally did it would not go into gear. So I tried reverse and that worked. Turned off the motor started it again and was about to go forward.

When I got home I noticed that the check engine light was on.

Bike has 495 miles on it.

Next I read online if you pulled the key out for several minutes that may turn the icon off. That did nothing.

Also disconnected the battery for a few minutes as well as tuning the key on to drain any leftover juice ;-) No fix.

I do have the bike on the battery tender, I doubt that would cause a issue as the tender shows it around 80% charged. I also disconnected the tender and same result CEL but no faut code,

Ideas?

Spyder Garage

Config menu, all the way to the bottom.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I did figure that out finally but as I posted the CEL light is on but when I check for flat codes it's shows I do not have any.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Ok so this am went for a ride with the CEL on, when I pulled in I duplicated what I did when I gassed up yesterday.

I rolled into the station and turned the motor off while in gear. So I just did that and started the bike with the foot brake on after the startup screen and started the motor up.

Guess what?? No more CEL, so somehow I must of triggered something when I was trying to start it yesterday and it would not start.

Since I never had a fault code I guess its all good.

Thoughts?

Spyder Garage

The CEL light is a bit of a 'catch all' warning that'll show up if there's some/any minor fault/s that the computers can't work out/programmers couldn't be bothered with writing any code for.... So if your CEL has now gone out & the Spyder hasn't thrown any error codes, then it is most likely all sorted & fine, leaving you OK to continue without a worry!!

It probably threw the CEL first time round cos it didn't like the way you turned the key; or cos you didn't hold the starter for long enough/held it for too long; or maybe it was cos you didn't stick the tip of your tongue outta the left side of your mouth as you pressed/didn't press the starter for too long/long enough - or possibly it shoulda been the right??!

Regardless, If the CEL's gone now and there are no other error codes showing - you're right to ride it like you stole it... or not, whichever you prefer!

Enjoy!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Just a follow up, today while learning how to use the joystick, I checked the fault code again and now it was showing PO130 which looks like the o2 sensor, but no CEL.

So I started the bike and ran it around awhile and then checked again and ow it shows NO FAULTS and no CEL.

Could this be sort of normal? Bike has 510 miles on it now.

Side note, I also smell a slight rubber burning smell but can not detect where its coming from, I have see some other posts on this and could it be that the bike is still new and just burning the cat or something?

Since the riding season is basically over and the dealer is not that close ( only about 10 miles but if the weather changes for the bad I would have no way getting it home) , not only the cold but ice snow and salt!

I will wait to bring it in after all its under the factory warranty.

Spyder Garage

if the bike didnt start straight up for any of 100 reasons, the excess unburnt fuel tripped the 02 sensor due to its range being over what it wants to see. when the bike's ridden up to full temp and does a run for a prescribed number of kms and speed and time, it does a sensor scan and if it sees no issues it takes the light off. with anti pollution laws getting tighter, the oems have to control emissions very carefully, so that's an over sensitive sensor. doesn't take much to trip it off.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-20-2021 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Spaces ;-)