Spyder Garage

Default Have you installed Pedal Commander? Where did you mount it? Why?

I’m going to install the Pedal Commander soon on my ‘21 Spyder RTL, and I’m debating whether to mount the controller on the outside (exposed to rain etc.) or to put it under the tupperware (and rely on the iPhone app to control the settings).

Which did you do and why?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ToddSims View Post
    I’m going to install the Pedal Commander soon on my ‘21 Spyder RTL, and I’m debating whether to mount the controller on the outside (exposed to rain etc.) or to put it under the tupperware (and rely on the iPhone app to control the settings).

Mine is stuck to the forward side of the Lamonster steering riser, with the silicon rain cover in place. But, it could be inside someplace just as well. Within a day of use I settled on 'City +4' and haven't changed it since. Was never worth even trying the phone app.

City +4 feels just like a good ole cable-throttled carburetor response, so now it just feels normal to me (finally). No more need to 'wind-in' an inch of cable before things start happening.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Mine is mounted above the right speaker grille where it gets very little direct rain. It's been there for a year now (18000 mi of light to heavy downpours across the US). It's not covered and has been flawless - even without a rain shield. I rarely change from City +4 unless the roads are slick and then I just turn it off like it's a 'Rain Mode'.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Out of sight, out of mind. App works great.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

What is the difference between the pedal commander and the pedal box?
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    Mine is stuck to the forward side of the Lamonster steering riser, with the silicon rain cover in place. But, it could be inside someplace just as well. Within a day of use I settled on 'City +4' and haven't changed it since. Was never worth even trying the phone app.

City +4 feels just like a good ole cable-throttled carburetor response, so now it just feels normal to me (finally). No more need to 'wind-in' an inch of cable before things start happening.
    This is exactly what I do - same setting, same experience. It's not faster, just normal. Can Am should do this from the start. I expect the silicone cover will provide all the protection I need, but just incase it rains, I keep a baggie and rubberband in the small front storage compartment in case I get stuck in a hard rain.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Mine is under the cover where you plug it in. Safe from the elements. App works great from my phone. Sport +4 and ya can't wipe the smile off my face.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Sitting on the bike mine is right in front of my knee behind the cover, it is out of sight and weather protected. Honestly, i don't adjust it that much and the app works well when needed.

Spyder Garage

Mine’s in the same position as Valkrocket……(except I’m not as much of a hoon …..Sport 0.). Takes away any lag without being too twitchy….I am “cruiser” these days

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Mine is the mounted inside accessory compartment above the handle bar, safe from the elements. No problem using the app works great from my phone. I'm using the Sport mode and the throttle response is very quick.

Spyder Garage

Easy to see the setting, easy to reach to change the setting, which I do often.

DSCN3059.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Do you change the setting while on the go or come to a stop and then change the setting?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by m109anc View Post
    Do you change the setting while on the go or come to a stop and then change the setting?
    Either way, but it's safer at a stop. On the go, I'll just bump it up or down a number. No mode changes.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I put it right where it plugs in, found as setting I liked, and forgot about it. If I ever need to adjust it, I have the app.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I had a Pedal Commander, mounted between the handle bars and I used a zip lock bag to cover it when it rained. I liked it a lot however the connection into the factory throttle harness corroded (under the tupperware) and shorted out the throttle by wire and a couple of cpu's. I was fortunate that the damage was covered by warranty but it was a couple of weeks waiting for parts.IMG_2741.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ToddSims View Post

I mounted mine (2021 RTL) under the seat, right side towards the rear. Protected from elements and I can change it easily. i used "nanotape" to mount the cradle after cleaning both surfaces with alcohol.
    Attached Images Attached Images