Spyder Garage

Question 2020 RTL Bluetooth and Audio Questions. Will my bluetooth MP3 player work with this ?

Hi
    Is it possible to play my Bluetooth mp3 player on my bike (pair the Bluetooth directly from bike to player)?

Or can you only use your Android cell using theBRP software? If so that is extremely depressing

I have also noticed that my radio is way louder than when running my phones music through the 3.5mm aux cable and yes I have the phones volume set at max. I checked the EQ settings and saw no other adjustments
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-20-2021 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Prefix - not engine/size related

Spyder Garage

Not sure about the Bluetooth mp3 player, should work if paired. I have experienced the same increase in volume when pairing my iPhone and helmet via Bluetooth to my 2020 RTL. Sometimes it takes a while or a second starting and synching to get the boost in volume, but it is pretty consistent. This works much better than the Bluetooth connection on my 2018 RTL and it even includes connecting the FM radio via Bluetooth!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Escorial View Post
    Hi
    Is it possible to play my Bluetooth mp3 player on my bike (pair the Bluetooth directly from bike to player)?
    There is only one sure way to find out, Escorial. Try to BT pair it to your RT, as a phone. It is unlikely it will work, but you never know. I tried to BT my Garmin XT to the RT as a phone, and while the XT recognised “BRPConnect”, the RT would not allow a “pair”.
    Of course, you can’t be powering the mp3 player via the glovebox usb, unless you have a data blocker in place.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Can you not just plug it in and run through the aux?

Spyder Garage

Of course you can hard wire, but I wanted to have the MP3 player in the rear trunk.

Just do not understand Can Am's thoughts in the setup they have its sort of backwards as far as bluetooth. Almost all newer vehicles use bluetooth and its nice not have to jump through all these hoops just to get tunes.

My player holds 512gb oi music and it would be nice to have the contor to change tracks using the bikes controls.

I wonder if in the future they could enable normal bluetooth function with some type of firmware update?

When riding I have zero use for the cell and also the dedicated mp3 player has much better sound over my cell.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My observation is that BT implementation is all over the map. If BT is turned off on my phone when I start my Nissan Maxima, it will not connect for phone use after I turn BT on on the phone. I have to turn off and restart the Maxima to get them to connect. So don't be surprised by anything you see with BT connections, both good and bad.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    My observation is that BT implementation is all over the map. If BT is turned off on my phone when I start my Nissan Maxima, it will not connect for phone use after I turn BT on on the phone. I have to turn off and restart the Maxima to get them to connect. So don't be surprised by anything you see with BT connections, both good and bad.
    Yep……agree completely, Idaho

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red