Spyder Garage

Question Ordered a new “White front Sprocket” but the number is odd!?!

I’ll start by giving a list of what was ordered:

Part# 705503291 - Pulley-Idler Kit RT (which does not have new two bearing wheel by the way)
    Part# 250001017 - Screw Hex-Flange (new pulley bolt)
    Part# 705503239 - Wheel Sprocket 28 teeth B-356 Painted

When I received the parts, the number on the pulley box was correct, 705503239, but the number on the actual sprocket was 705503244 with a date stamped under it of 01/21 and on the opposite side “built in the USA”. I called the dealer back, they are looking into the new number??

I have a couple questions for anyone.....

1. Has anyone else who ordered a new sprocket got one with this number? Is it actually a better one? and

2. I thought BRP parts were manufactured in Canada?

Thanks to anyone who has dealt with this issue!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-16-2021 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Removed spurious Ctrl Cmds, added sp, & fixed layout... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don60 View Post

Part# 705503291 - Pulley-Idler Kit RT (which does not have new two bearing wheel by the way)

When I received the parts, the number on the pulley box was correct, 705503239, but the number on the actual sprocket was 705503244 with a date stamped under it of 01/21 and on the opposite side “built in the USA”. I called the dealer back, they are looking into the new number??

1. Has anyone else who ordered a new sprocket got one with this number? Is it actually a better one? and

..... However " PMK " just reported that he read on face-book that a NEW White pulley had recently failed! ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-16-2021 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

See this thread https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...drive-sprocket

Like all manufacturers, BRP has parts made all over the world!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I would like to thank Peter Aawen for editing this post. He corrected the layout and now it flows…

Spyder Garage

my mate has had 4 sprockets fail first 27000 kl 2nd 31000 3rd 39000 the 4th was a white one just lasted 15000 kl so the problem has not been fixed they are still replacing them after warranty run out so keep riding