Spyder Garage

Default F3 Parking Brake sometimes won't disengage - any ideas?

All,

Haven't been on here in years but glad this website is still around. Did a search on F3 Parking brake but couldn't find any definitive direction to resolve. Mine always seems to be a voltage sense issue. I can tell it's going to act up if the Engine turns over a little slowly upon starting. The issue to correct always seems to be tightening the battery cables. Apparently even if they terminals are slightly loose, not enough contact is made to properly charge the battery while riding. So when you stop and re-start, even though the engine is running and I apply throttle, the brake still won't disengage. Happened on the ride down to Puerto Penasco Biker's rally. Tightened up the terminal lugs and hasn't happened again. Anyone else have any suggested fixes or anything Can-Am recall related? Mine is a 2018 F3 Cruiser. Thanks

Spyder Garage

I'd put a little blue Loctite on the threads so they don't loosen up from vibration.
    John
    "some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
    '15 F3S SE6
    '01 FLHR
    Ski Doo 1200's
    Boats
    2015 F3S SE6 , Magnesium

Spyder Garage

As Blueknight911 (Mike) suggests often for the battery terminals, have you fitted Star Washers to the battery terminal bolts/nuts?? Fitting them is a cheap, simple, & very effective solution to battery terminals working loose!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-02-2021 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Fitteng?? :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dtryke View Post
    All,

Haven't been on here in years but glad this website is still around. Did a search on F3 Parking brake but couldn't find any definitive direction to resolve. Mine always seems to be a voltage sense issue. I can tell it's going to act up if the Engine turns over a little slowly upon starting. The issue to correct always seems to be tightening the battery cables. Apparently even if they terminals are slightly loose, not enough contact is made to properly charge the battery while riding. So when you stop and re-start, even though the engine is running and I apply throttle, the brake still won't disengage. Happened on the ride down to Puerto Penasco Biker's rally. Tightened up the terminal lugs and hasn't happened again. Anyone else have any suggested fixes or anything Can-Am recall related? Mine is a 2018 F3 Cruiser. Thanks
    Tramp on brake pedal like you want to break it off, at same time press release button. Good Luck. Happened to me at US Customs, Detroit - was there 20 Min.

Ron
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-04-2021 at 05:42 PM. Reason: brake & break ;-)

Spyder Garage

Keeping the terminals tight is necessary, but only after both posts and terminals have been cleaned properly. Emery paper does it best for me. Make sure the contact areas are free of gunk/lube etc. metal to metal contact is best.
    There is usually another way. 2020 F3Ltd.
    2020 F3 Ltd , Brake Pedel lowered. Liquid Titanium