Spyder Garage

Default the Great Smokey Mountains

this morning , it was in upper 30's here in North East Tn. and now it is 10:08 PM and it's 38 degs. ... BUT ... the weather man says Wed. is gonna be in the upper 60's , and I plan on riding across the Smokey's .... I live 90 miles from Gatlinburg . that's on the Tn. side of the Smokey's and if you cross the mountains on the other side is Cherokee NC .... the Indian Reservation . but I don't plan on crossing , just plan to ride up near the top . about 6,000 ft. up . I have a video camera on my Spyder , and I want to record the ride . I'll let everyone know how it goes in a couple of days.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Video Ryde

Sounds like a great idea for a Ryde. Looking forward to the video. Hopefully it will be a great day for ryding.

Enjoy your Ryde and Stay Safe. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

We went to the Smokey M's by July 2019. Stayed at Pigeon Forge and then we drove to Nashville for the 04th of July fireworks. Great trip, but driving the Spyder around there must be amazing!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I love it in that area. Normally we go 3-4 times a year and stay anywhere from 3-5 days. We also do 3-4 day trips to the area from Apex. Normally we travel the area from April-November. Only been once in the winter, and that was in February to the Biltmore Estates. But I do look forward to going sometime in the winter, just to experience the snowfall.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

well I went riding Wed. it was a little cool when I left home about 8:50 am .. but by the time I got to Gatlinburg at about 11:30 it had warmed up very well , but as I started up into the Smokie's it cooled back down pretty quick . by the time I got to the top ( Clingmans Dome ) at a little over 6,000 feet it was windy and pretty cool , but still nice sunny day , I started down the other side towards Cherokee NC .. ( Indian Reservation ) and the lower I got the warmer it got and when I got into Cherokee I had to remove my Jacket . after finding a place to eat , I started on towards Maggie Valley NC i stopped couple of places and bought few little things to take home , and I rode the old road through the mountains towards Ashville NC , and came onto I-40 and turned towards New Port Tn. then from there on towards Greeneville Tn. and then home in Limestone , it was such a good Motor Cycle day , I got home about 5;10 pm , i really enjoyed the day.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    well I went riding Wed. it was a little cool when I left home about 8:50 am .. but by the time I got to Gatlinburg at about 11:30 it had warmed up very well , but as I started up into the Smokie's it cooled back down pretty quick . by the time I got to the top ( Clingmans Dome ) at a little over 6,000 feet it was windy and pretty cool , but still nice sunny day , I started down the other side towards Cherokee NC .. ( Indian Reservation ) and the lower I got the warmer it got and when I got into Cherokee I had to remove my Jacket . after finding a place to eat , I started on towards Maggie Valley NC i stopped couple of places and bought few little things to take home , and I rode the old road through the mountains towards Ashville NC , and came onto I-40 and turned towards New Port Tn. then from there on towards Greeneville Tn. and then home in Limestone , it was such a good Motor Cycle day , I got home about 5;10 pm , i really enjoyed the day.
    Sounds like a wonderful day of riding. I love taking 441 whenever you can avoid the traffic. I am thinking that the road to Clingmans Dome will be closing soon due to the possibility of snow and such. I was thinking that it closes the first week in December and opens again around the first of April or last of March. Either way, great ride.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

The Smokies are the best of the SE USA by far! I've made the run down there several times and each time is a joy. There's something for everyone - whether you are a spirited or casual rider. The Blue Ridge Pky, Foothills Pky, and Cherahola Skyway are beautiful and more relaxing than most of the other more 'technical' routes in the region. For those who like G-forces, there's the Rattler, Snake, Moonshiner and way more less known paths thru the hills besides the TOD. We slab from NJ to WV the 1st day and spend the next 4-5 days in heaven. Then slab back home from WV for the last day.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

do you folks put video's on here like in this window ??? or is there a place for Video's ???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    do you folks put video's on here like in this window ??? or is there a place for Video's ???
    There is a link in the menu --------------------------------------here ^ on my screen to insert a video. I usually just upload to Youtube and insert a link, though.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

file:///C:/Users/Bob%20Richards/Vide...okie's.MP4 trying to put a video on here. of the ride across the Smokies

Nope , I didn't have it yet ....... but on the next one I got it ....LOL

Spyder Garage

https://youtu.be/cCLvjtrXH84 I hope I got this .

Yessssssssssssssssssssss..............LOL