Spyder Garage

Default Heated Seat Connections ?

I have another question for all you folks who know a Lot More than I know . my 2011 Spyder has Heated Grips front and rear and they work perfectly . and the man I got it from had a Heated Seat put on it . I know its a Heated Seat because it has a wire connection coming out of the bottom of the seat. my Question is , did they Build Spyders 10 years ago , for Only Heated Grips , or should there be a connection for the Seat somewhere also ??? OR could I just trace the wires to the Heated Grips and cut into it and connect the Seat Connection to that ??? its getting the time of year here in Tennessee that I need some Heat .... lol , thanks for any help or advice anyone can give me.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You should post a photo of the wires that come from the bottom of your seat. The Spyder only comes with heated grips. The wires may be for one of the seat sensors to detect if there is a passenger so the nanny will adjust for that.

You can add a heated seat but you have to wire it and add a switch. you can also get a package with heating elements and switch from one of our sponsors here Motorcycle Dave to add heat to your existing seat
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 11-13-2021 at 05:32 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Do you have a switch with the heated seat icon on your panel near the ignition switch? If you do that was the switch for the heated seat. If you don't, I power my heated seats through a fuse block. The fuse block is energized through a relay that's activated by a wire that is only powered when the ignition is on.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-13-2021 at 09:16 PM. Reason: ipower = I power?? ;-)
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

oh... ok , I didn't know . he gave me the Original seat in the box where the new seat was in ... I never thought about a seat telling the bike of it needs to raise the Boke , thanks a bunch .

Spyder Garage

thanks Ricz , ... but No there is no switch , I'm a retired Mechanic , and I am sure I could wire it in... but ... CopperSpyder knew what the wires was there for I think , it might not even be a heated Seat , but a seat that tells when you have a rear seat rider , and adjusts the ride of the Bike . but thanks guys. it really helps when we have someone who knows what we might not know.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Seat Wires

That's the way this Forum works. Someone asks a question about their Spyder. Then a member will give their thoughts on the subject matter...

Works for me, so let it work for you......

Seat wires as stated above. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    thanks Ricz , ... but No there is no switch , I'm a retired Mechanic , and I am sure I could wire it in... but ... CopperSpyder knew what the wires was there for I think , it might not even be a heated Seat , but a seat that tells when you have a rear seat rider , and adjusts the ride of the Bike . but thanks guys. it really helps when we have someone who knows what we might not know.
    Hi Dave here
    Well I have good news and I have bad news.... Bad news first, the wire you see on the bottom of your seat is NOT for a heater, it is for a sensor
    in the seat that tells your bikes computer that some one is sitting on the seat on the back, somewhat like the sensor in your car seat to tell you
    to put on your seat belt, and on the pass. side tells about the air bag.
    chances are you do not have a heated seat, Good news, if you want to have a heated seat I have in stock right now the OEM type seat heaters
    and the wiring and switches to operate them with they run $89.95 this is a simple very easy mod you can do yourself.
    Give me a call 209-887-3283 or 209-608-2141
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Spyder Garage

Thank you Dave , you folks sure are helpful , I'm glad I found this site when I first got my Spyder . . I will check out your site. thanks again .