Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default More F3-T Floorboards Questions .....

After 3 years of trying various things to alleviate some of the comfort issues I still have with my F-3T, I'm considering trying floorboards. In this thread, the consensus recommendation for floorboards on an F-3T is the "Ultimate" floorboards. After the positive words, I'm now considering purchasing them as well. Unfortunately, I've got a unique situation (besides being "mechanically-challenged").

You see - I had my brake pedal lowered a bit a few years ago (by a mechanic - not me), using the Roadster Renovations kit. That's worked out great, but now I'm told by Pierre (of CanAm Spyder Accessories) that, in order for the Ultimate Floorboards to install properly, the brake needs to be restored to it's original height using the original brake linkage. So, I have a few questions:

1.) Although the installation of the Floorboards looks pretty straightforward (even for me), can someone chime in on how difficult it would be to re-install the original brake linkage?

2.) Or better yet - Has anyone successfully installed both the Ultimate Floorboards and the RR brake pedal adjustment on their F-3 without causing compatibility issues? If so, what adjustments, if any, did you have to make?

3.) Or, perhaps better still......can anyone recommend a different set of floorboards that would NOT require restoring the original brake pedal linkage at all?

Thanks!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Have you tried calling Pierre?

2021 Spyder F3-S Special Series
    ————————————————-
    Monster Fuel Injection Stage II
    K&N Air Filter
    Lamonster Cat Delete Pipe with Baffle
    Akrapovic Sinister Exhaust
    Ultimate Floorboards
    Baja Ron’s Anti-Sway Bar Kit
    Elka Shocks Stage 3 Front, Stage 4 Rear
    F4 Customs 32” Windshield
    Pedal Commander
    Lamonster F3 Brake Rod
    Shad SH36 Side Cases
    Crampbuster

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RobDekker View Post
    Have you tried calling Pierre?
    We've exchanged e-mails.

I'm just looking for other's actual experiences. Although Pierre has kindly offered to provide me with a Brake Rod, I have concerns about installing it - especially not having the capability of putting the Spyder on a lift.

Thanks.
    Bert

Spyder Garage

NewBert, I had the lowered brake rod and Pierre’s position 5 boards, and I had to grind the inside front corner off the boards as the brake contacted it…..that’s by the by though. I ended up going with Lamont’s black diamond boards as Pierre’s didn’t work well for me. If you go with something like them, you don’t have to alter your brake rod. Plus they have plenty of boot room.
    But…….from what I remember (I don’t have my F3 anymore), I had to remove the brake linkage to install the boards anyway. You can do that from ground level. It’s a little more difficult than on a hoist, but not too bad.

Please bear in mind that I am going by memory here, which is not great. Why don’t you call Lamonster, tell them you have a lowered brake rod, and ask them what’s involved in installing their black diamond boards in that case? The diamond gripper boards come with different mounting brackets. You will need to swap the mounting bracket as the pegs bracket is different to the boards bracket. https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...nly-lamonster/

You can then make a call which way you want to go.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I have the Lamonsters black dymond floorboards and his lower brake rod for position 4. This setup works for me.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    NewBert, I had the lowered brake rod and Pierre’s position 5 boards, and I had to grind the inside front corner off the boards as the brake contacted it…..that’s by the by though. I ended up going with Lamont’s black diamond boards as Pierre’s didn’t work well for me. If you go with something like them, you don’t have to alter your brake rod. Plus they have plenty of boot room.
    But…….from what I remember (I don’t have my F3 anymore), I had to remove the brake linkage to install the boards anyway. You can do that from ground level. It’s a little more difficult than on a hoist, but not too bad.

Please bear in mind that I am going by memory here, which is not great. Why don’t you call Lamonster, tell them you have a lowered brake rod, and ask them what’s involved in installing their black diamond boards in that case? The diamond gripper boards come with different mounting brackets. You will need to swap the mounting bracket as the pegs bracket is different to the boards bracket. https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...nly-lamonster/

You can then make a call which way you want to go.

Pete
    Thanks for your thoughts, Pete. While it looks like Lamonster's boards would not require reverting back to the original brake linkage, the size of the floorboards themselves seems a bit short to me. It looks like Pierre's can accommodate more flexibility in foot positioning.

I'd be curious to hear what didn't work well for you, with regard to Pierre's boards?

Thanks.
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Newbert I just sent you a PM.
    Dave....

BRP Passenger Backrest
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNBK View Post
    Newbert I just sent you a PM.
    Yes, I got it ------ but there's no words in the body of the message. IOW it's blank.
    Bert

Spyder Garage

I just sent another PM. Please let me know if it comes thru okay.
    Dave....

BRP Passenger Backrest
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Bert, Pierre’s boards work very well. (Although I was very disappointed when he blew me off after I reported my issue with the brake pedal contacting his board - I won’t be buying from him again ).

My other issue with them was a simple one which shouldn’t bother you. I have very long legs, and I mount my F3 from the ground. The length of Pierre’s boards meant I was constantly cracking my shin/ankle when I mounted/dismounted. I could also only use the front half of his board as my legs were too long to bend my knee/foot back to use the rear half. I was also not game to trust them to support my 320lbs if I stood on them to mount, although they probably would have been fine. They certainly give you a good amount of foot movement. Hope this helps.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Bert, Pierre’s boards work very well. (Although I was very disappointed when he blew me off after I reported my issue with the brake pedal contacting his board - I won’t be buying from him again ).

My other issue with them was a simple one which shouldn’t bother you. I have very long legs, and I mount my F3 from the ground. The length of Pierre’s boards meant I was constantly cracking my shin/ankle when I mounted/dismounted. I could also only use the front half of his board as my legs were too long to bend my knee/foot back to use the rear half. I was also not game to trust them to support my 320lbs if I stood on them to mount, although they probably would have been fine. They certainly give you a good amount of foot movement. Hope this helps.

Pete
    Thanks for the clarification, Pete!
    Bert