Spyder Garage

Default New Ryker rider ? on extended warranty on '20 Rally 900 - Go or No-Go?

Happy Veteran's Day all! I am purchasing a lightly used and perfect condition '20 Ryker 900 Rally from my good friend and it has ~ 1400 miles. My concern is the the unit is out of warranty, however I can get a two year warranty from Can Am for ~ $1000. The unit has been flawless the past 1400s for my friend and based on my Ryker research most people do not get the extended warranty, unless of course IF the dealer gifted @ POS/point of sale.

Moving forward, what are your thoughts on a 2 year $1000 warranty vs no warranty on a '20 900 Rally?

Go or No-Go?

Thank you kindly!

Will

Spyder Garage

I didn't know that Can Am offers an extended warranty once the manufactures warranty expires. I was always under the impression that in order to purchase an extended warranty it must be done before the manufactures warranty expires. Are you sure this is a Can Am BEST warranty?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Bunch of third party warranty companies out there. Some good, some bad. I got a two year warranty on a 10 year old Transit thru the dealer. Never needed it, so no idea the quality of parts and service it would have provided.

PS ... be careful. Some have hidden "gotchas" like how long the warranty has to be in effect before you can use it.
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I didn't know that Can Am offers an extended warranty once the manufactures warranty expires. I was always under the impression that in order to purchase an extended warranty it must be done before the manufactures warranty expires. Are you sure this is a Can Am BEST warranty?
    Agree always told factory warranty must be good (preferably with spare time for slow paperwork) - double check what’s really available. Believe max on BEST warranty was only 3more years for total of five years warranty. Don’t have to get from same dealer bike was sold, but do want someone in the system. Good luck

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

No Go
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I would forgo the warranty. The key words are the lightly used and perfect condition. No problems so far...so good. I have owned seven Spyders, over 175,000 miles. Got one FREE warranty for an extra two years on my new 2014 (a part of the deal at the time). Never used it. Not going to get an additional two years on my 2019...which will be out of warranty and 20K no problems miles.

I will take the chance.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by willenium View Post
    Happy Veteran's Day all! I am purchasing a lightly used and perfect condition '20 Ryker 900 Rally from my good friend and it has ~ 1400 miles. My concern is the the unit is out of warranty, however I can get a two year warranty from Can Am for ~ $1000. The unit has been flawless the past 1400s for my friend and based on my Ryker research most people do not get the extended warranty, unless of course IF the dealer gifted @ POS/point of sale.

Moving forward, what are your thoughts on a 2 year $1000 warranty vs no warranty on a '20 900 Rally?

Go or No-Go?

Thank you kindly!

Will
    IMHO this sounds like a scam ..... BRP ie. Can-Am has the B.E.S.T. warranty .... anything else is from some other company ..... Un-fortunately people LIE about what they selling ( even Dealers ) .... Something is fishey about what you've told us. ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO this sounds like a scam ..... BRP ie. Can-Am has the B.E.S.T. warranty .... anything else is from some other company ..... Un-fortunately people LIE about what they selling ( even Dealers ) .... Something is fishey about what you've told us. ..... Mike
    x2.....AND...imoto for one has been selling three years for Ryker for under $700. Check them out for current information.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Buying from a friend you should know how he/she treats their equipment hopefully well. No problems so far so I would not worry about the RYKER. I would pass on the warranty, put the money in a cookie jar. I’d be very surprised if you ever spend any of it for as long as you own it on repairs. Maintenance on a RYKER is required as for any equipment, beyond that they are pretty trouble free. I’ve owned three SPYDERS and one RYKER never had a warranty issue with any of them. “ Don’t worry be happy” !

Spyder Garage

When you buy 2nd hand you exsept the item as is, if it's been beat on I would not buy it, if it's been lightly used like said, I would say good to go!! Forget the warranty waste of money, put it in the bank and draw interest for your first break down, of coarse we hope you never have one!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl