Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    cruisen tx sorry if your feelings are hurt because no one spoke of this group, i have a pending membership with them. i hope i am accepted .
    No hurt feelings here. I'm Just amazed that no one wants to take advantage of something that is already established with huge numbers of people ready and willing to help.

I don't care much for Zuckerberg's political bias either but that FB page is currently THE best method of getting help on the road. With that many members, someone is always online monitoring for Chrome Alerts. If I'm stranded on the road, I'm not turning down easy access assistance just because the owner of the media is a douche. The administrator of NABR has worked his tail off creating and maintaining that page. I stay there because of him and in spite of Zuck.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Why not fix the broken Spyderlover User Map on this site? Haven't seen any actions to make it work since it was mentioned months ago.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Why not fix the broken Spyderlover User Map on this site? Haven't seen any actions to make it work since it was mentioned months ago.
    but I'm not holding my breath ...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    No hurt feelings here. I'm Just amazed that no one wants to take advantage of something that is already established with huge numbers of people ready and willing to help.

I don't care much for Zuckerberg's political bias either but that FB page is currently THE best method of getting help on the road. With that many members, someone is always online monitoring for Chrome Alerts. If I'm stranded on the road, I'm not turning down easy access assistance just because the owner of the media is a douche. The administrator of NABR has worked his tail off creating and maintaining that page. I stay there because of him and in spite of Zuck.
    For me, it has nothing to do with politics. I just won't use Facebook.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

So i have looked on line and there are several sites but none of them are up to date, i like the idea of dropping a pin when your on the site and if your in a and those that are in that state close the area in question get a notification, a stand alone site i think maybe the way to go. i have a friend that codes, lets not get into what sites do or don't do lets move ahead on getting a help to those that may need it. i for one can help with towing and wrenching and a place to sleep and a meal. so Utahpete and the rest of you guys i need your help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    I have mentioned NABR a few times here but for some reason people seem to avoid even acknowledging I shared it. I don't see the need to start something that already exists on a page that has over 48K members ready and willing to help. I post things about Spyder Rydes on their sister page (NABR Family Friendly Lounge) that is designed for just chit chat so they can keep the rescue page clean for it's intended purpose. Have yet to get any negative feedback about the Spyder not being a motorcycle.

The rescue page with so many members world wide is very effective in getting stranded riders off the side of the road and to safety. It is set up so anyone who is a member can initiate a "Chrome Alert" which is what they call a distress notification. That person can then run the alert start to finish using the online map that has thousands of members and their services or they can make sure an admin or someone closer to the situation sees it by tagging them. I've run a couple of alerts and have seen some where the stranded biker had help on the way within 30 minutes. With so many members and a fully populated map, they get the job done and it's all volunteers; no one has to pay a dime to be a member or get help.
    See post #11. BTW I think they do have an online presence. If you have abandoned facebook ,that's fine, but you can still check out NABR without getting involved in the rest of the chaos.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

pegasus, I totally agree, but some people think they have to build a better mouse trap. Their loss as far as I'm concerned.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    Sounds like a great idea, but putting such together and administering the list could be a major job. I have been an AAA member for decades, and for many years now have had AAA Plus coverage, which includes my RV and my motorcycle. If I broke down I am entitled to towing for up to 100 miles to the location of my choice. This was a lifesaver for me two years ago when I had a blowout on my travel trailer down in Texas, which based upon the time and effort it took the AAA tow driver to remove the debris on my wheel (including the steel belt of the disintegrated tire) and putting the spare on would have cost me a fortune without coverage. Not having a spare on a motorcycle, or on my Spyder, even a simple flat tire can leave you stranded. I would recommend AAA Plus to any rider, even though AAA is far from perfect and you might wait several hours for the needed assistance.

I wouldn't be on any sizeable trip with out CAA (Canadian Version). We will scoot around NS and PEI and Southern NB but any trip that we're in it for more than two days worth of driving is not going to happen without CAA. Plus they offer travel discounts on lodging and restaurants etc. Really, a good to have. It certainly does pay for it's self quickly when needed.

Tim
    Current - 2010 Spyder RTS

1) Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
    2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please check out my pics!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    So i have looked on line and there are several sites but none of them are up to date, i like the idea of dropping a pin when your on the site and if your in a and those that are in that state close the area in question get a notification, a stand alone site i think maybe the way to go. i have a friend that codes, lets not get into what sites do or don't do lets move ahead on getting a help to those that may need it. i for one can help with towing and wrenching and a place to sleep and a meal. so Utahpete and the rest of you guys i need your help.
    As I said earlier, the challenge with a directory is maintaining it over time; an outdated directory is useless. It sounds like the Facebook one works as well as anything out there right now; it works because it has such a large, actively engaged user base. This site's 'location' feature could work for Spyder riders, but not as currently configured, and I don't know how to get the webmaster to upgrade it to something more functional.
    2014 RTL Platinum