Spyder Garage

Default Finally pulled the trigger on F3 - can I pull the same trailer my GW pulled??

Hi fellow Spyder friends. Today I bought my first Spyder, a beautiful 2015 F3s with 10k miles on it.
    I have pulled a small camper trailer with my Goldwing for many years with no issues, can I pull this same trailer with my F3 without any concerns? Loaded trailer goes about 250lbs.
    Kind Regards Willie…….

Spyder Garage

It will pull it ok but the hitch placement on the Spyder is tough on trailers. The hitch being attached basically to the rear wheel transfers any and all motion to the trailer. Make sure the trailer tongue is in good shape and if you have a cooler on it don't put and glass bottles in it.

Spyder Garage

WillieB Your F3 will pull the trailer just fine IF you can find a hitch that works for the S model. Currently, my understanding is, hitches are only available for the F3-T and LTD.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    Make sure the trailer tongue is in good shape and if you have a cooler on it don't put any glass bottles in it.
    Don't ask how I know.

Spyder Garage

Probably need aftermarket hitch/harness; just watch the tongue weight- keep under 40#. As mentioned above the swing arm transfers all bounce to the tongue, not horrible, just be aware. After “13 most have 4pin square for trailer connector -might look for adapter while shopping.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thank You! I currently have a swivel hitch on the trailer, might go back to non swiveling hitch.

Spyder Garage

The reply about the tongue of the trailer taking a beating is correct. Both my wife and I pull trailers with our RTLs first with the 998s and now we have 2021s. I used to have a Aspen classic pop up that weighed 460 with all our gear and we never had problems towing or stopping. I have changed to a Lee-sure lite that weighs 325 and by the time I add some gear will put it closer to 375. I will be changing the tongue out with a shock mounted tongue to take up some of the beating they get from the axle mounted hitch. we have over 100k miles pulling trailers with the Spyders and are planning on riding to Alaska this coming summer camping the entire trip and plan on taking at least two months.
    IMG_1962 (4).jpgIMG_0151.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

I put this on my 2015 F3S. worked like a charm for a lot of miles. https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...plug-and-play/
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Alaska Trip

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    The reply about the tongue of the trailer taking a beating is correct. Both my wife and I pull trailers with our RTLs first with the 998s and now we have 2021s. I used to have a Aspen classic pop up that weighed 460 with all our gear and we never had problems towing or stopping. I have changed to a Lee-sure lite that weighs 325 and by the time I add some gear will put it closer to 375. I will be changing the tongue out with a shock mounted tongue to take up some of the beating they get from the axle mounted hitch. we have over 100k miles pulling trailers with the Spyders and are planning on riding to Alaska this coming summer camping the entire trip and plan on taking at least two months.
    I look forward to hearing about your progress on your Alaska Trip in 2022. Good Luck and Good Health to you guys. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    I would love to stow away with you!!!! That will be such a great trip, and what a way to see the state, I have been there a few years ago and loved it, and said if I was going to do it again, camping would be fun to do!! Good Luck, be safe!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Easysuper Who makes that shock mounted tongue?

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod