Spyder Garage

Default rider triangle for RT

Has the rider triangle, the rider, foot peg and handlebar position, changed appreciably from the introduction of the 1330 triple in 2014 to 2021?? I am inquiring because my dear spouse fits very nicely on the 2021 for the seating and foot/pedal controls.

Hard to become a two spyder family without knowing the answer to this question. Thanks to all for their input in advance.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What I have read the 2014 to 2021 Rt the seat is low, the handlebars have changed and are more adjustable, the floorboards are bigger with more room to move around, some have said the brake pedal is lower / farther away (some shorter inseam people have said this) seems to be a problem for some. Seat to handlebar and floorboards is that what you were looking for.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I had a 2016 RTLtd from new and found the riding position to be great. I then purchased a new Sea to Sky sight unseen, only to find I could not physically get on. I am 76 and a bit limited in leg movement, but to ride my old bike into the showroom and then not be able to ride the new one out was embarrassing. We ended up raising the footboards over 4in. and that cured the problem. I do not know if the 2021 RT would have had the same problem. Hope that helps.
    Alan.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    What I have read the 2014 to 2021 Rt the seat is low, the handlebars have changed and are more adjustable, the floorboards are bigger with more room to move around, some have said the brake pedal is lower / farther away (some shorter inseam people have said this) seems to be a problem for some. Seat to handlebar and floorboards is that what you were looking for.
    Thank you CopperSpyder, yes seat to handlebar and foot pegs, brake is what I was concerned about. Has this changed appreciably from 2014 to the 2021 models?

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The short answer is yes, it has changed appreciably, Getaround. Makes sure she sits on a pre ‘20 model before you buy remotely.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Thank you CopperSpyder, yes seat to handlebar and foot pegs, brake is what I was concerned about. Has this changed appreciably from 2014 to the 2021 models?
    Like peteoz said she should just try sitting on one to make sure it fits ok. The 2020 and up RT handlebars can be setup anyway you want them pretty much with short reach bar, long reach bar, risers or the Heli-bars can be adjusted up, down, in, out, left, right, over or under. The difference that can be a problem for some between the 2014 RT and 2020 RT and up will be the distance between the seat and floorboard / brake pedal. The distance on the 2014 is shorter. Like Filer Tuck above said he had to have his (2021 RT Sea to Sky) changed (moved up), but I don't know if they have anything for moving 2014 lower.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 11-10-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Like peteoz said she should just try sitting on one to make sure it fits ok. The 2020 and up RT handlebars can be setup anyway you want them pretty much with short reach bar, long reach bar, risers or the Heli-bars can be adjusted up, down, in, out, left, right, over or under. The difference that can be a problem for some between the 2014 RT and 2020 RT and up will be the distance between the seat and floorboard / brake pedal. The distance on the 2014 is shorter. Like Filer Tuck above said he had to have his (2021 RT Sea to Sky) changed (moved up), but I don't know if they have anything for moving 2014 lower.
    Thank you again CopperSpyder. Shorter will not be a problem, my bride is altitude challenged with a short inseam

Al in Kazoo

2018 F3-T

2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Oooooops….. misread your post, Copper…..for some reason I read your post as per the ‘20+ RT, when it specifically mentions ‘14…..can’t delete the post now…..I blame Old Age

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Oooooops….. misread your post, Copper…..for some reason I read your post as per the ‘20+ RT, when it specifically mentions ‘14…..can’t delete now, so I’ll leave my post here…..I blame Old Age

I can guarantee you they do not, Copper . I tried reversing Lamont’s floorboard riser to being a floorboard “lower”, but no go…… and if you have loooong legs, highway pegs don’t work either, as your feet are already as far forward on the boards as they will go, so the highway pegs merely raise your feet, meaning you have less room rather than more. I ended up putting some highway pegs under the floorboards, which gives me a bit of stretch…..not ideal.

Currently (and only just currently) the only way to get more leg room is to get your front seat raised a couple of inches (Daylong will do this, but they can not move you back due to the hinged seat). Then, of course, you have raised the centre of gravity, plus, you need to buy a 2” taller windshield….now the question is…….can I justify $2,000 Aussie for the purchase of a second hand seat in the US (and throwing away the passenger seat) and shipping to Daylong, Daylong mods including heavy duty springing and heat, and shipping back to Aus, plus the $900 Aussie to buy a 28” F4 and getting it shipped out here……..

Pete
    I put Rivco floorboards on my 2012 RTL that lowered things down 1.5 inches, But I don't know if they make them any more.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown