Spyder Garage

Default Recommendations for upgrading suspension

I've only had my 2021 RT for a few months now, and most of the time have been riding solo. Today my wife joined me as a passenger, and I found the suspension to be far from ideal when hitting bumps in the road and other road imperfections. Is there a consensus as to what specific shocks are recommended for a smoother ride?
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For corners try upgrading your swaybar first. For overall suspension improvements many have been upgrading their shocks to Elka Shocks https://www.lamonstergarage.com/elka-suspension/ there are some other shocks also. The first question I would ask is did you adjust your air bag for two up ridding before you started, that can make a big difference? Tires can come into play also later.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 11-08-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

If you have a RT Limited, the rear airbag should be automatically adjusting the rear height to prevent bottoming the shock. If you have the RT Base, you need to pump up the airbag for the added weight. If your problem is bottoming the front shocks, look into replacing them with Elkas or M2s or modifying the OEM shocks with Lamonster's spring adjusters. Your tire PSI can also be too high but sounds more like a weight issue.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White