Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a 10'x20' inclosed wooden shed that's my spyder's home. It has no cracks or splits and the doors when closed are 99% watertight. I've never seen any signs of little varmints inside the shed. I'm good there but my vet is another story. It sits under its all-season car cover in a raised open carport. I found one mouse nest under the hood next to one of the hood latches. Nothing else anywhere. Now I've got three bars of Irish spring in and under my vet. We'll see how it goes this winter. Damed little critters anyway.

Spyder Garage

I've got a 3 ft gopher snake in the woodpile in front and a 4 1/2 ft bull snake under the shed in the back.

I dooon need no steeenkin cats. :-)

Seriously, I had a mouse croak on top of the cabin air filter in the Subaru - had to use the ozone generator to clean it out -, so I contracted with a commercial pest service because the snakes are mobile. The service comes out every two months and replenish the bait stations. Since then no nests or chewed up wiring. I did find one desiccated mouse corpse on the floor of the jeep in the garage.

Traps are hit and miss. I put glue boards on the floor and on top of the tires of any vehicle that sits for more than a day or two - just on case. I've caught mice with glue boards that avoided the traps.

It seems to come in waves. I'll have no hint of mice for months, and then get a bunch. The joys of living a mile down a dirt road.

Spyder Garage

I've never had a heated garage, and have stored a motorcycle of one type or another every winter for several decades. To prevent mice, the only thing I have ever done is to stuff a rag into the exhaust opening or openings and then try to remember to remove them in the Spring. Never have had a rodent problem, but that might be because of the coldness in the garage rather than the rags.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

I've had mouse trouble -- nesting in the air filter box, and so forth -- several times on my Honda CTX700, stored in our unheated, detached garage. And now I have my F3-S to worry about, plus my husband's F3-T. All that damned Tupperware!

Three cats help, but they don't entirely solve the problem because they only hunt in the garage in the daylight. At night, while my pet predators are inside our warm house, the mice are free to roam the garage, the little b@stards.

We use battery-operated electrocution traps baited with peanut butter, and fragrant repellant packets from Grandpa Gus. In combination, this does seem to help.
    2016 Spyder F3-S

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

https://www.earthkind.com/product/fr...ent-repellent/
    Discovered this product many years ago at the John Deere dealer. It was put in all the tractor and combine cabs. I’ve used it for 15 or so years in the house and garage. Never once had a mouse.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tofriendscreek View Post
    https://www.earthkind.com/product/fr...ent-repellent/
    Discovered this product many years ago at the John Deere dealer. It was put in all the tractor and combine cabs. I’ve used it for 15 or so years in the house and garage. Never once had a mouse.
    Purchased some for the first time this year, no report yet. A buddy has had very good results.