Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default FYI Imotorsports does not honor free shipping on Rykers

I am ordering a 2022 Ryker Sport and reached out to imotorsports based on recs from this forum and they being a sponsor. They advertise FREE shipping in continental USA for purchases over $5K on this forum as well their website which has a nice video explaining this as guaranteed and no exceptions. When I contacted their internet sales manager the deals offered was:

11599 PRICE OF UNIT
    745 FREIGHT
    299 SET UP
    303 ILLINOIS DOC

800-1000 FOR SHIPPING (ROUGH IDEA)

LIFETIME DISCOUNT ON PARTS AND ACCESORIES. CAN AM & AFTERMARKET!

Their freight and set up fees are lower than my local dealers (Arizona) but I asked what happened to free shipping. He said "With the currently supply shortages, we aren't doing free shipping on the Ryker's. We didnt even have enough Ryker's last year for our local customers." So why even sell to me then haha. I told him it is bait and switch to offer free shipping online then not honor it. As a test I offered to go halfway on it and he refused. I asked him to change his advertising on their website and on the forum to reflect this but I doubt they will. I don' t really care if they want to charge it, I can just walk away from the deal but what is up with the false advertising? I did send a complaint to the BBB in their area but noticed they are not an accredited business and prob don' t really care. If anyone has a good, honest dealer not trying to use COVID as an excuse for everything please let me know thanks!
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-06-2021 at 03:29 PM. Reason: bolded "on the Rykers."

Spyder Garage

I think the real problem is they have no idea how much shipping cost will be when they finally get the 2022's in stock.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

This is something new. Free delivery and set up have always been a part of the package. Did you mention that you were from Spyder Lovers??

I would recommend giving them another talk before blowing up their reputation.

Try Tom Palmer, or Orlando Rios. (Both in Illinois).

Let us know any updates.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

WTF??? Covid supply and demand is a REAL problem across all spectrums. Why would you trash a decent dealer. Any company is free too change policy on short notice. Their only fault is not doing it first on their web site. They still list 2020 RTLs that have been long since sold. They use to have a young person take a truck and trailer and drive to a customer's house in any state. Come on man, filed a complaint???

Quote Originally Posted by richardo View Post
    I did send a complaint to the BBB in their area but noticed they are not an accredited business and prob don' t really care.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-06-2021 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

I did mention it and didn’t seem to matter. Also don’t worry they don’t respond to any of their bbb complaints so seems a moot point. I just asked them To add a disclaimer at least and was told off pretty much. False advertising is false advertising sorry.

Spyder Garage

Note: Free shipping not included "on the Rykers." I did not notice that earlier.

My advice to "trust but verify" should still be heeded on the other models. Ryker is lower end and I am not sure that their profit margin is not going to be the same as the F3's or RT's.

Maybe Jason would come on site and clarify the glitch.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-06-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Note: Free shipping not included "on the Rykers." I did not notice that earlier.

My advice to "trust but verify" should still be heeded on the other models. Ryker is lower end and I am not sure that their profit margin is not going to be the same as the F3's or RT's.

Maybe Jason would come on site and clarify the glitch.
    Exactly...Was told this by the dealer I bought mine from...He was the ONLY dealer I could find that did NOT charge for FRT/SETUP...Thats why I made the 5.5 hr roundtrip to buy from him...ALL the other dealers were pading their profit with what I consider EXCESSIVE additional fees...
    54 Snowmobiles...7 Dirtbikes...4 Atv's...8 Streetbikes...1 Tricycle...Since 1969...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRider1959 View Post
    Exactly...Was told this by the dealer I bought mine from...He was the ONLY dealer I could find that did NOT charge for FRT/SETUP...Thats why I made the 5.5 hr roundtrip to buy from him...ALL the other dealers were pading their profit with what I consider EXCESSIVE additional fees...
    As you see I got quoted $1044 for freight and setup and 800-1000 shipping. No worries it’s really up to me accept it or not, just wanted to warn anyone led to them
    for free shipping based on their forum and website advert like I did.

Spyder Garage

One thing I noticed with your first post (OP). You said internet sales. I’d personally call. A voice is much more personable than email. You take the time to talk, ask questions, let them talk and let them get a feel for you out and your intentions the deal always goes better. I never buy high end stuff with internet. Might be old fashioned but a call or even walk in will get you better results. I haven’t looked on their site but it doesn’t surprise me things are changing on shipping. My son drives and it’s ridiculous how high the shipping rates have grown in the last year. We’re not talking doubled either. No one can afford these prices right now.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I have purchased two new F3L's from iMoto since 2019. I got all the items that were advertised at that time. Also had my trade in picked up and the F3's delivered to my home for no extra charge. It was more of a buyers market (pre-Covid). I do note that they are a bit harder to deal on currently.

It does appear that some things have changed...but let's not say things about the dealer that are not true or are mis-construed. Rykers have always been more difficult to deal on. There is less to work with at about $10K less.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I have purchased two new F3L's from iMoto since 2019. I got all the items that were advertised at that time. Also had my trade in picked up and the F3's delivered to my home for no extra charge. It was more of a buyers market (pre-Covid). I do note that they are a bit harder to deal on currently.

It does appear that some things have changed...but let's not say things about the dealer that are not true or are mis-construed. Rykers have always been more difficult to deal on. There is less to work with at about $10K less.

I was fine paying Msrp and even eating the freight and doc fees but shipping was indicated as included that’s all. I buy cars all the time with much higher values internet only and don’t have any issues. It’s just a generational thing, I rely on the website and the internet when purchasing. Thanks for all the advice!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by richardo View Post
    As you see I got quoted $1044 for freight and setup and 800-1000 shipping. No worries it’s really up to me accept it or not, just wanted to warn anyone led to them
    for free shipping based on their forum and website advert like I did.
    Yep...I considered buying from them since they are located in my former hometown...But the $1300.00+ was too excessive an upcharge...
    54 Snowmobiles...7 Dirtbikes...4 Atv's...8 Streetbikes...1 Tricycle...Since 1969...

Spyder Garage

I agree with the OP. Just now went to the iMptorsports website and it clearly states free shipping on all motorcycles over $5000 in the continental United States. Does not mention any exceptions that I saw excepting lower profit units (Rykers). Until or unless they update the wording on their site the OP is justified in his complaint, IMHO.

Spyder Garage

Yup .. I'd agree.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I agree with the OP. Just now went to the iMptorsports website and it clearly states free shipping on all motorcycles over $5000 in the continental United States. Does not mention any exceptions that I saw excepting lower profit units (Rykers). Until or unless they update the wording on their site the OP is justified in his complaint, IMHO.
    I also agree with the original poster. Yes, I bought a bike from them in 2017 and got exceptional service, and would try to deal with them on my next spyder. But if they do not have 2020 spyders and are still advertising, or if they are not doing free shipping above $5000 anymore, then they should state that on their website. Not that they are not a bad dealership, they just need to take the time to update their website.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Hello to everyone. This came to our attention last night and we are doing a couple of things to fix the problem. Jason is trying to reach out to the OP and get the situation resolved to their satisfaction. Its a mistake on our part, the website had the wrong shipping policy posted. We are updating all of our websites, marketing channels etc as fast as we can to make the shipping policy clear and easy to understand.
    BRP parts discount to all Spyderlovers members!

Free delivery for new Spyders to the lower 48!
    http://www.imotorsportsinc.com
    sales@imotorsportsinc.com

Spyder Garage

iMotorsports has posted and promises to resolve the issue for both the OP and for others.

Thank you for replying.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-17-2021 at 07:12 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I’m confused, I received an email notification that Pirate responded to this thread. The email contains the text of his reply including Rykers, not being covered for free nationwide shipping, but I don’t see his post in the thread???

PS I visited the iMotorsports website via the link in iMotorsports post and does not appear they have updated their site yet, which is not that big of a deal since they say they “are updating” their sites, i.e. doesn’t indicate the updates are completed. At the time I visited their site a few minutes ago I thought it may have been updated and Since I’m in the market for a 2022 Rally I requested a quote, but sounds like with the Ryker not qualifying for free shipping iMotorsports will be out of the running for me.

Spyder Garage

I’m confused, I received an email notification that Pirate responded to this thread. The email contains the text of his reply including Rykers, not being covered for free nationwide shipping, but I don’t see his post in the thread???

PS I visited the iMotorsports website via the link in iMotorsports post and does not appear they have updated their site yet, which is not that big of a deal since they say they “are updating” their sites, i.e. doesn’t indicate the updates are completed. At the time I visited their site a few minutes ago I thought it may have been updated and Since I’m in the market for a 2022 Rally I requested a quote, but sounds like with the Ryker not qualifying for free shipping iMotorsports will be out of the running for me.
    I removed my post to not muddy up the waters and hope that things are quickly resolved between the parties.

Spyder Garage

Pirates post was deleted by pirate. Don't know if you can see it but I officially deleted Pirates blank post. Two posts above this one.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Jason did reach out to me and he was very apologetic and accepted responsibility for not having updated their marketing and website to reflect no free shipping on Rykers. The Rykers will also not be eligible for waived freight/setup/doc fees. Spyders will continue to be eligible for both. They will update their website and marketing materials to reflect these changes. Stated reason - low profit margin on MSRP and therefore need to make it up so free shipping is prohibitive. I own a business myself and totally understand that and have accepted their apology and and feel satisfied.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Richardo. It's really nice having a customer that will work with us to help solve a problem. Jason took the blame but it was just as much on me (Jeff) as I am the guy who is supposed to make sure that all our materials are correct.

Its always interesting for me to watch how the customer > company relationship has evolved for all of us and our ability to communicate digitally in almost real time. A lot of times that happens in a very public way. I'm not sure when you did the original post, but Jason's email hit my phone around 8pm and it hit the phones of the two owners at the same time. We start working on it, trying to understand the what, the why and can we fix it? Not everything is solvable but I do think we try as hard as anybody to keep our customers happy. Especially if we make a mistake.

Its incredibly busy here right now. We've been the #2 Can-Am on-road dealer by volume for a couple of years. We were the the #2 Indian motorcycle dealer by volume this year. We expanded into the Can-Am off-road vehicles and Sea-Doo (also BRP) this month. Logistically we have to train our people, adapt our processes and learn the market too. Its a challenge.

Can-Am Spyders were the very first product line that iMotorsports took on. We have been successful with Can-Am. We're always grateful and aware that Lamonster put in a lot of time and effort to bring together the Can-Am on-road community and we have been given access to that online space. They have a very high standard for customer service and we try to maintain the same.
    BRP parts discount to all Spyderlovers members!

Free delivery for new Spyders to the lower 48!
    http://www.imotorsportsinc.com
    sales@imotorsportsinc.com

Spyder Garage

Just had a FANTASTIC experience with iMotorsports and Mike Kay while ordering my 2022 Rally. Mike made it a great and fun experience, and I was treated very fairly. They went above and beyond tweaking things in order to honor their relationship with this forum. Thanks again, & I HIGHLY recommend iMotorsports and Mike Kay.

Spyder Garage

So exactly what is your shipping policy? You could have posted it. This would have cleared this up here and now with out having to look up your ads. I agree with the OP. If

policies are changed they should be forthcoming and with your ads before enforcing them.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Dr Taco, Congratulations on your first post and joining Spyder Lovers.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick