Spyder Garage

Default Anyone else having troubles Syncing new spare key?

So I lost my spare key to my F3 S, purchased a blank key from local Can Am dealer, got the spare key cut to match original. Made appointment with local Can Am dealer to sync the spare key with the bike. Got a call from service department stating they are unable sync the spare key, they have a service call into Can Am but had not gotten a return call yet. Anyone else had this problem?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JABPA View Post
    So I lost my spare key to my F3 S, purchased a blank key from local Can Am dealer, got the spare key cut to match original. Made appointment with local Can Am dealer to sync the spare key with the bike. Got a call from service department stating they are unable sync the spare key, they have a service call into Can Am but had not gotten a return call yet. Anyone else had this problem?
    Did the dealer sell you a pre-2014 key? Make sure he checks for that. The DESS was changed in 2014 and the key code system is altogether different from the 2013 & earlier keys.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Did the dealer sell you a pre-2014 key? Make sure he checks for that. The DESS was changed in 2014 and the key code system is altogether different from the 2013 & earlier keys.
    That is correct. Pre 14 and post 14 are not the same.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Thanks All, checked the part number on the blank key and its the correct key for my 2019 F3 S. Dealer waiting for response from Can AM.

Spyder Garage

I just had the exact same problem. The dealership sold me the wrong key blank. I am now waiting for the correct key blank so I can go through the process again. They told me the key blank to be used is based on the VIN #

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JABPA View Post
    Thanks All, checked the part number on the blank key and its the correct key for my 2019 F3 S. Dealer waiting for response from Can AM.
    How did you check the part # of the key you have? The keys for my 2014 RT do not have part numbers stamped or etched into the key. There's no way to tell which part number it is by just looking at it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Turn off the DESS and all will be good in the world
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green