Spyder Garage

Default October 30 Ride in NW Iowa.

Saturday was a nice 63 degree day, with clear blue sky. My wife wanted to go for one last Spyder ride, before it gets to cold for her to want to ride with me.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

I quite like the video itself Dave, but I'm sorry - as nice as that music may have been (and as wimpy as the 1330 motor & exhaust may sound when compared to an opened up V-twin Spyder at full song ) I think your vid wasn't as great as it could've been, cos nowhere did we hear the sound of the engine doing its thing!

Surely I'm not the only one here who LIKES to hear what the engine's doing while the scenery flows by?? To me, the engine sound adds a whole 'nother realm of experience to my viewing & hearing pleasure, even if it's just the odd bit as the machine works thru some twisties or accelerates away from the rest of the traffic.... . I've even been known to enjoy sitting with my eyes closed just listening to the soundtrack of cars &/or bikes on a track (especially if it's a track that I've ridden/driven! ) so you might be able to realise how disappointing it is to see a whole video like that - a video which is pretty impressive in itself, but without being able to hear what the engine's doing or what's actually going on in the auditory realm as the scenery passes by!!

That said, it is a nice vid, good to see your part of the World at any time, but it's just a little disappointing to me due to the lack of any engine sound to complete the experience! Just Sayin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Peter, that is something I am working on. GoPro Time Warp does not record audio. So I have to switch to video mode and speed up in post. GoPro camera mic is not great and I get enough wind noise to drown out the sound of the engine. The F3 is a very quiet running bike, but if I could get clean audio, I could edit the audio to adjust volume, as I have the complete Adobe Suite. I just got the Media mod and am going to experiment with mic locations to get good clean audio of the engine to use in the videos. I have several external mics I am going to play with. My biggest issue is the wind noise I get, even with the camera mounted on the dash, behind the windscreen. Wind socks do not help much, NW Iowa is a rather windy place and it gets rather noisy when I get a crossing wind of 20 to 40 mph wind speed, which are fairly common here.
    I keep adding to my recording kit and trying new things. But alas riding season is going to end soon for me, and I am trying to get as much recorded so I have some winter projects to work on.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black