SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sema show teaser #2

Well everyone
    Something is wrong with the uploading photos system here on the forum
    I have uploaded hundreds of photos in the past and even yesterday SEMA stuff
    but today I can not even upload 1 photo without it saying internal error
    I will try again from Las Vegas
    It would be nice if I could upload videos of the show here...
    Dave
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Spyder Garage

Oh sure, your just teasing us!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem last week when I tried to upload a picture on guess this car. It worked later. Try again.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Default Trying again

You see some strange stuff at SEMA the two guys with the hair cuts were offered a free set of 4 Dunlap tires
    if they would let them cut their hair with the new tread design....
    Also you car nuts, what is a little different with the red car ???????

fullsizeoutput_1d.jpgIMG_1680.jpgIMG_2704.jpgIMG_2783.jpg

Spyder Garage

4 doors? (Rear door) and is that a convertible top but solid frame around the doors? Can’t tell if that’s canvas or flat black top.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    4 doors? (Rear door) and is that a convertible top but solid frame around the doors? Can’t tell if that’s canvas or flat black top.
    I agree...hard to tell, but it does look like a convertible with sold door posts.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Not sure if it’s a ‘Cuda or a Challenger, but none of those were ever manufactured with rear doors. As best I can tell it’s not a convertible, it’s just a vinyl top. A few MOPAR (Plymouth/Dodge) muscle cars did have those, but thankfully they were an exception to the rule.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    the two guys with the hair cuts were offered a free set of 4 Dunlap tires
    IMG_1680.jpg
    Now if it had been Michelin or Bridgestone offering the deal it would have been worth doing!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Bring them on!!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ford never made a 4-door ????? .....Barracuda .....jmho .... Mike

Spyder Garage

The red kinda looks to be a Mustang modded to be a 4 door convertible.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Vinyl top seems like a good guess. Also thinking 70 era Mopar product. Vinyl was a very popular option in those days. Looks like challenger to me. I had a two door Plymoth Sattelite with a vinyl top in 72. And that year, for whatever reason, brown was the hot color. Even I drank the kool-aid.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Now if it had been Michelin or Bridgestone offering the deal it would have been worth doing!
    A hat can cover a multitude of sins.....
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Vinyl top seems like a good guess. Also thinking 70 era Mopar product. Vinyl was a very popular option in those days. Looks like challenger to me. I had a two door Plymoth Sattelite with a vinyl top in 72. And that year, for whatever reason, brown was the hot color. Even I drank the kool-aid.
    My first car was a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440. Metallic green outside, dark green vinyl roof, medium green vinyl inside. Very similar body to the Plymouth Satellite, and I think the front fenders were shared with the Charger and RoadRunner. Even though there was a 440 big block engine, for my car it was used as a model number because mine had the 318 small block V8. Plenty of power for a 17 year old. Paid for it myself too, a whole $1400 in 1971.

So I can say pretty definitely the red car is either a Plymouth Barracuda or a Dodge Challenger based on the proportions of the hood and trunk lid, and the Mopar rally wheels. There were no factory versions of those cars except two-door coupes. As I recall, the seats were very low and the doors very high - the bottom of the window was almost shoulder high. It felt a little like sitting in a tub.

A friend of my dad had a Challenger with a 383 Magnum and a vinyl roof. As the saying went, it would pass everything but a gas station - but it wasn’t the fastest or most powerful Challenger. That title belonged to the 426 Hemi, which as I recall got about 5 mpg on a good day. The 426 had two staged double-pumper (2 gas feed lines) Holly carbs rated for 850 cfm each. The air cleaner was an oval about three feet from front to back that covered both carbs. If you stepped on it hard enough to open all four carb throats, you could watch the fuel gauge drop - providing you could overcome the acceleration g forces and absolute terror of trying to keep the thing pointed in the right direction. I will never forget that experience.

Hope you all don’t mind reading a little blast from the past. It was fun to recall those memories and put them in writing.

Bob
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RideOn View Post
    My first car was a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440.
    In my Senior year in college in 1965 I traded in my wife's '62 Red Mercury Comet with 2 speed automatic for a 1966 Dodge Coronet, beige outside with tan cloth interior, and 3 speed transmission. It even had a light in the trunk! All for $1600 minus trade. Fifty-five years later my wife still hasn't forgiven me for trading off her neat beloved red Comet!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Dodge Challenger extended to 4 door. Lights underneath to show body extension. And, that's my guess..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Looks like the same 4 door Baracuda in this article from the 2017 SEMA show.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...1970-barracuda
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

One off mid production glitch: 4 door barracuda that came out early or otherwise “not official”. Possibly same
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDanTMM View Post
    Looks like the same 4 door Baracuda in this article from the 2017 SEMA show.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...1970-barracuda
    Last edited by Bfromla; 11-02-2021 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Viewed link after posting.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RideOn View Post
    My first car was a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440. Metallic green outside, dark green vinyl roof, medium green vinyl inside. Very similar body to the Plymouth Satellite, and I think the front fenders were shared with the Charger and RoadRunner. Even though there was a 440 big block engine, for my car it was used as a model number because mine had the 318 small block V8. Plenty of power for a 17 year old. Paid for it myself too, a whole $1400 in 1971.

So I can say pretty definitely the red car is either a Plymouth Barracuda or a Dodge Challenger based on the proportions of the hood and trunk lid, and the Mopar rally wheels. There were no factory versions of those cars except two-door coupes. As I recall, the seats were very low and the doors very high - the bottom of the window was almost shoulder high. It felt a little like sitting in a tub.

A friend of my dad had a Challenger with a 383 Magnum and a vinyl roof. As the saying went, it would pass everything but a gas station - but it wasn’t the fastest or most powerful Challenger. That title belonged to the 426 Hemi, which as I recall got about 5 mpg on a good day. The 426 had two staged double-pumper (2 gas feed lines) Holly carbs rated for 850 cfm each. The air cleaner was an oval about three feet from front to back that covered both carbs. If you stepped on it hard enough to open all four carb throats, you could watch the fuel gauge drop - providing you could overcome the acceleration g forces and absolute terror of trying to keep the thing pointed in the right direction. I will never forget that experience.

Hope you all don’t mind reading a little blast from the past. It was fun to recall those memories and put them in writing.

Bob
    Thank you for the update. I do enjoy the blast from the past. Muscle cars of the era were my passion and dream. The closest I ever came was a 1960 Buick Invicta 4 door with a Wildcat 445 engine. Neat looking with the fins and strange back window. Let's just say, it would get up and go.

Also had a 1964 Chevy SS. But that was watered down. 283 or such auto.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-02-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The Red CAR is..............
    a Barracuda made into a 4 door, MOPAR had it custom built to see what the people thought
    about it... All hand formed metal doors and all it looks stock, vinyl top was stock at the time

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    You see some strange stuff at SEMA the two guys with the hair cuts were offered a free set of 4 Dunlap tires
    Also you car nuts, what is a little different with the red car ???????

fullsizeoutput_1d.jpgIMG_1680.jpgIMG_2704.jpgIMG_2783.jpg
    I would have let them do my head. Heck, hair grows back and in the mean time that's what hats are for.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

you really have a hair thing? If you still have a full head of hair at your age, God love you!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

it wouldn't let me post a reply