Spyder Garage

Default Need to Mount Lamonster Garage Aux Lighting on a 21 RTL - How??

i want to mount the fog lights that are sold by none other then lamont, my issue is that i have the adjustable air wings on the side. Is there another location that is suitable and would not cause a issue with the wireing harness. thanks guys....

Spyder Garage

Lamont would be your best source for an answer. Consider sending an email or giving a call to discuss the specifics of your question.

Spyder Garage

If you find a answer to your question please post as I have the same problem
    Jim

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    i want to mount the fog lights that are sold by none other then lamont, my issue is that i have the adjustable air wings on the side. Is there another location that is suitable and would not cause a issue with the wireing harness. thanks guys....
    Someone else recently started a thread with this same issue. It seems to be a problem with adjustable air wings. Hopefully someone has a solution.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Yes we have a problem, i went to that link and ill call lamont on monday...what ever he tells me ill post it here..what is needed is a push bar like the one on the 14 to 19. you could then mount the lights to it...

Spyder Garage

I step away and defer back to the seller should resolve this issue for you

Spyder Garage

PMK value accessories sell a bar that mounts to the front lip of the 2014 to 19 RTs some people mount led fog lights to it. i tried to post a pic , no luck i had lights mount to my RT on this bar so maybe my discription was off on what to call it crash bar sidewalk curb feeler...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PMK value accessories sell a bar that mounts to the front lip of the 2014 to 19 RTs some people mount led fog lights to it. i tried to post a pic , no luck i had lights mount to my RT on this bar so maybe my discription was off on what to call it crash bar sidewalk curb feeler...
    Did you speak with Lamont about it?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I step away and defer back to the seller should resolve this issue for you

Spyder Garage

PMK that bumper actually works pretty good and does was it was entended to do.. not all after market items are not for every one. it worked for my bike and thats all that matters. Any way if you have some info to share great if not...so far there are ony two locations to mount the lamonster fog lights. neither one works for me i am still awaiting a call back from a vendor to see if they are going to make that jeep looking thing for the 20 and up rt. ill post as i get more info. thank you..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You could drill holes in your windshield and make a simple bracket out of aluminum.

20211102_130056.jpg

Anything you mount on that bumper under the nose of the bike will be useless as driving lights. An LED light strip has limited value for daytime conspicuity
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you talking about these? https://www.lamonstergarage.com/ips-...ent-lamonster/

Lamont calls them fog lights, which is something of a misnomer I think. You correctly call them 'auxiliary' lighting. Fog lights are usually yellow and mounted low; these are white and mounted somewhat higher, but not high enough for 'driving lights'.

They would be wicked mounted higher, up by the windshield.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Mosess-01. Did you ever hear from Lamont on mounting his Fog lights? I’m still on the hunt to mount lights
    Jim

Spyder Garage

PMK that bumper actually works pretty good and does was it was entended to do.. not all after market items are not for every one. it worked for my bike and thats all that matters. Any way if you have some info to share great if not...so far there are ony two locations to mount the lamonster fog lights. neither one works for me i am still awaiting a call back from a vendor to see if they are going to make that jeep looking thing for the 20 and up rt. ill post as i get more info. thank you..
    Your reply was a bit rude essentially telling me to get lost if I had no info to share by stating towards me,
    “Any way if you have some info to share great if not...”

If you recall, you described your steel bumper as a “push bar like on the 14 to 19”. Being the owner of a 2014 RT series, you presented a point of confusion by having it sound like this “push bar” as you called it, but later referred to it as a “crash bar” and “sidewalk curb feeler”, was an original equipment item from Can Am.

I presented no offense towards your choice of wanting a steel front bumper, merely described it by appearance in an effort so as to clarify your words for others. My stating it was not installed or considered to be installed on our machine was in no way slamming your choice, but rather extending my inexperience with it as a light mounting point.

Still 24 hours later, I remain underwhelmed by your offensive tone and words, but offer to you all the best in sorting your light mounting point. My own experience, having ridden my friends 2021 RT Limited with the Can Am accessories front LED chin spoiler light, did find the forward lighting of the 2021 to be substantially less illuminating compared to our 2014 RTS. Our 2014 RTS currently runs 4 high performance LEDs installed in the oem headlight and fog light housings. In the past prior to high performance LEDs being available, I installed the Can Am aftermarket HID light kit. I still retain these, as those are very nice also, and again more reaching than the stock 2021 with optional chin spoiler light.

Maybe with time you will resolve your light mounting issue. Again all the best with it, and until I fabricate one off custom mounts for my friends 2021 with Can Am adjustable air deflectors, if he desires more lights, I will refrain for posting into this topic as you requested.

Spyder Garage

I step away and defer back to the seller should resolve this issue for you.

All the best with it.

Spyder Garage

I left 2 messages , no return call at this time. must be very busy at there shop.