Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Great add for your up-coming ride! If you are new to the Spyder, I highly recommend you put a few hundred miles on the Spyder BEFORE lighting it up with the PC. The nanny will be triggered quicker with the PC until you get the feel of the limits.
    Yep I’m pretty well a Spyder rookie and don’t plan to install until I get comfortable with the bike

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I installed mine 10 days ago and have only ridden it twice since then. It made me fall in love with my spyder all over again. No, it did not add anymore hp, but it just gives it to you without hesitation. 115 hp is not bad for the weight of these trikes, but it just hits so much harder (if you want), than it ever did before. I cannot wait until I get a chance to try it in some real tight twisties. Coming out of the corners will be insane.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

watch out TOO much throttle, you'll be like the guy in front of you last year just starting the Tail Of Dragon, with front wheel lift!!!
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My take on this is " a hair trigger on a Spyder can be just as lethal as a hair trigger on a weapon" !!!! .... When I was an LEO I knew people who had their weapons " Altered " for less trigger pull .... one of them was fired because He did it to His service weapon, and it was discovered after an incident in which He had to use His service weapon ..... so IMHO you do this at your peril ...... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    watch out TOO much throttle, you'll be like the guy in front of you last year just starting the Tail Of Dragon, with front wheel lift!!!
    I still tell people about that guy. He found out that all those mods didn't mean a thing once you get on the really tight twisties.
    But yes, I know how dangerous it can be getting to heavy on the throttle coming out of a turn. I definitely plan on getting in some practice well before I get overly aggressive. As it stands, I am thinking sport mode and it's lowest setting will work just fine. Makes it a little more responsive without having too much of a hair trigger.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    My take on this is " a hair trigger on a Spyder can be just as lethal as a hair trigger on a weapon" !!!! .... When I was an LEO I knew people who had their weapons " Altered " for less trigger pull .... one of them was fired because He did it to His service weapon, and it was discovered after an incident in which He had to use His service weapon ..... so IMHO you do this at your peril ...... good luck .... Mike
    Yep, I am definitely aware of how this thing can get away from you if you don't respect it. I will start in the lower settings and work my way only so far up the ladder. It is kinda like my mustang. It has normal, sport, sport 2, and then race mode. I have not used race mode too often because it turns off the traction control. Plus the computer resets and adjust to the driving style that you have. The previous owner was a 70 year old guy who just drove it to work on occasion. After a week of aggressive driving, it learned my style and adjusted transmission shift points and all. Felt like a totally different car.
    I do wish our spyders had adaptive cruise control like my car though. Even the newest BMW bike has adaptive cruise.

Spyder Garage

Default Slingmods pedal commander sale

SLINGMODS, BLACK FRIDAY $75 off on Pedal Commander CODE is(BFH75) $274.99

T.P.

Spyder Garage

"Hair trigger" is not what you get with a PC unless you choose to go that far. City has 9, Sport has 9, and Sport+ has 9 degrees of sensitivity. Most of us seem to have gone with a high City/low Sport for street riding. There's too much misinformation about the impact of this product.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    "Hair trigger" is not what you get with a PC unless you choose to go that far. City has 9, Sport has 9, and Sport+ has 9 degrees of sensitivity. Most of us seem to have gone with a high City/low Sport for street riding. There's too much misinformation about the impact of this product.
    Sport at +1 is the sweet spot for my riding style and the roads I ride on.

Spyder Garage

Taking S2S in for 3000 mile service. Do I need to take off the Pedal Commander?

Spyder Garage

I uninstalled for the first service, but probably won’t for the next service. Nothing was said at the dealer about the RLS cat delete that I installed. My guess is they see these things a lot.

The PC is only as dangerous as you make it. Keep the front wheels pointed straight ahead if you put it into the Sport+ range. I still run with Sport at +1.
    Last edited by FloridaSTS; 03-10-2022 at 12:29 PM.
    2021 Sea to Sky

Mods: Pedal Commander, RLS Black Ceramic Coated Cat Delete, Passenger Armrests, Driver Backrest, FOBO TPMS, Wolo Bad Boy Air Horn, Foam Handgrips