Spyder Garage

Default IMotorsports Purchase - after Recomendations and Advise?

For those who have purchased from iMotorsports: Thinking of giving them a shot at my purchase of a F3-S SS if they can get one. I'm giving my local dealer a shot but I still want to check around. I do have previous experience buying out of state but that was a different company and for a 2 wheeler.

So -- Any recommendations on a specific sales person to deal with???? Best to deal with email or phone or both? Anything you would have done differently now that you went through the process??? Any other suggestions or questions I should be asking before dealing with this company?

I do realize that shipping seems to be the bottle-neck. But I do understand what is going on in today's world and expect some sort of "delays". I have read through some treads and picked up some good info through out the year - unfortunately I just can't remember it all so this is why I am starting this thread.

Thanks
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2019 RTL from them and tried to get a new one recently. No go. They wanted retail for theirs and they offered me less than wholesale for mine. Their free shipping is not free. They work it in on the deal. No such thing as a "free Lunch" anymore. I try to be loyal to my dealer but can't this time.

Spyder Garage

I just recently purchased a 2021 Spyder RT Limited from them. I traded in a F3 basic with many mods. No break on Price, but did wave the prep and set up! Only had a few of the RT Limited left, so I took one! They explain that delivery can take 4-6 weeks, but was hoping sooner! Took them about 3 weeks to get it to me in New Mexico! Overall my experience was good, I dealt with Mike Kay in sales and Thomas Palmer in finance, both worked well with me. With supply so tight, deals are hard to find!
    I would check on build date, mine was May, 2020, so mine sat in a crate for over a year! Looks and runs great, but date built made it seem to be a 2020, but documents show a 2021! Good luck on your purchase!

Spyder Garage

What a difference a year makes. Throw in Covid, the supply problems, the shipping glitches, the lack of supply...and you have you know what.

I have purchased two F3L's from iMoto. One in December 2019 and the second in January of 2021. Both times I had trade ins and I felt I was given a fair deal on both. I got rebates on both F3's and the free set up and delivery. Also had accessories added and got a deal on them plus the installation. All in all, I felt they treated me right.

Fast forward to the current time. It seems the deals and the rebates are gone. The times have turned this into a seller's market. A big switch from a couple years ago. I still feel it is a good place to deal with and worth considering. These days I would still recommend shopping around a bit.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I was planning on purchasing from iMotor and would have but my local dealer acquiesced and sold me their last 21 for what iMotor would be: MSRP plus $300 doc fee. No other added markup and free delivery. It is definitely a sellers market.
    I was speaking to 'Michael Kay' <m.kay@sales.imotorsportsinc.com>.

Spyder Garage

I agree, definitely take the time to shop around! We invest a lot of money and time on our Spyders, make sure you get what you want and at a price you can live with. Good luck!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Buying a New Spyder Today

Lots of good tips.
    The real problem is the supply of 'Our Spyders'.
    And............
    most of us know what that means. ......

The Dealers have been dealing with very little Spyders to sell. My local Dealer has sold everything that has come to the store.

So just try and be patient and make your best deals.
    Remember, that you will have a waiting period. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I purchased my 2016 F3T from them in 2017 and got a great deal. I started talking to them in February about a purchase and trade. Then in April the price dropped $2000. I asked them if they would still honor my trade in and deal. They said yes. I went to the bank and transferred the money after doing the paperwork and they got me my spyder in 10 days. They were not going to get it to me before our annual trip to the mountains, so I called to let them know there would be about 1500 more miles placed on my trade in. They asked where I was going. When I told them they called back and asked if they could meet me there. We got to Gatlinburg on a Tuesday evening and they pulled into Pigeon Forge at a Walmart parking lot for the switch at 8 am the next morning.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I would also like to add, that deals are still out there. We purchased a matching 2016 F3T for my wife 2 weeks ago, with 12k miles for below trade in value from a private owner.
    Unfortunately I bought it about 10 days too soon. This past Monday a 2020 RT came up for sale for $15,000. I almost bought it and sold my 2016 F3T, but the wife would have had a fit. It is all about being at the right place at the right time, and being able to strike when the deal comes up.

Spyder Garage

Default Also a new iMotorsports customer

I am also working with iMotorsports on a purchase. (Mike Kay is my contact there). So far seems to be straight up - they valued my trade fairly, and waiting to go get final pricing before MAYBE pre-ordering a 2022...........

Spyder Garage

I've bought 3 Spyders and two Rykers from iMotorsports (Jason) and couldn't be happier. My last Spyder was a 2020 RT. Jason is a great guy to work with.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I've bought 3 Spyders and two Rykers from iMotorsports (Jason) and couldn't be happier. My last Spyder was a 2020 RT. Jason is a great guy to work with.
    That is who helped me in 2017. Flawless transaction.

Spyder Garage

I bought mine from Orlando, No discounts plus had to pay freight and set up, but they gave me more for my Harley than I expected to offset the price. Delivery was slow took a couple weeks longer than they initially stated for shipping to Indiana. Overall a decent experience. None of the Indiana dealers had any RT Limited in stock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JRat View Post
    I bought mine from Orlando, No discounts plus had to pay freight and set up, but they gave me more for my Harley than I expected to offset the price. Delivery was slow took a couple weeks longer than they initially stated for shipping to Indiana. Overall a decent experience. None of the Indiana dealers had any RT Limited in stock.
    The same salesman who sold me both F3's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

MSRP plus a doc fee????????? did they wear guns and ski masks??????? I will NEVER pay any dealer their infamous doc fee as that is almost next to stealing... and every time the dealer waives the fee.. I'm trading for a new RAM and they "tried " to add a doc fee and I objected and said I would not pay it.. after a bit of haggling they took it off.. don't ever tell the dealer on the front end that you will not pay the doc fee as they will just add it in somewhere??? just my view.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    MSRP plus a doc fee????????? did they wear guns and ski masks??????? I will NEVER pay any dealer their infamous doc fee as that is almost next to stealing... and every time the dealer waives the fee.. I'm trading for a new RAM and they "tried " to add a doc fee and I objected and said I would not pay it.. after a bit of haggling they took it off.. don't ever tell the dealer on the front end that you will not pay the doc fee as they will just add it in somewhere??? just my view.
    BIG F
    Yes. Some things are best left unsaid. If your paying cash or have your own financing in mind...save that for the very end. They get a cut off of most financing deals. Also known as dealer reserve.

The DOC fee is a joke. They have a program on the computer. They enter all the information. They press "print" and out comes the document. No extra work required. $300 bucks for about 10 minutes of entry. That is a nice profit margin.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-01-2021 at 06:35 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red