Thread: Arkansas Ride

Spyder Garage

Default Arkansas Ride

It seems as if no one ever posts about the great roads in Arkansas so I thought I would do just that. Just finishing up my fall ride to Arkansas and the roads are great. Rode Highways 23,21,74,16,10 and 71 in Arkansas, Highway 1 in Oklahoma and Highway 88 in Arkansas(commonly referred to as Talamenia road, then took 59 North to return home. Staying at Tahlaqua Oklahoma tonight and will return to Kansas tomorrow. 1400 miles in four days. Not bad for three old f....ts. The Arkansas roads are in great shape. Oklahoma not so much. Today much of the riding was in Oklahoma and so rough that I felt like I was beat to a pulp. The chip seal on some of the roads was so rough I thought my new tires might be ground to a nub but they look fine. I own a 2019 RTL SE6 and had to wonder it the 2020 and newer bikes are as rough a ride. Anyway, great rides and some of you folks from the East and West coast ought to try the Arkansas roads out. I would be happy to take you on a tour. Great riding and great scenery.

Spyder Garage

two years ago a group of us rode from Arizona to Arkansas. We rented cabins in Mountain View and rode the roads in that area. Had a great time and beautiful scenery. We went early (May) to avoid the heat and humidity. Would do it again.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

In one of your previous posts on Arkansas, I answered the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender
    Being from the middle of the country, our favorite destination is Arkansas and Missouri. We have been the the Tail of the Dragon and Blue Ridge Parkway but it is a long ride just to get to the good riding. Frankly I think that highways 7, 16,21 and 23 in Arkansas rival or exceed either of those other roads. We go to Arkansas to ride for a week twice each year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. Leaving for the fall ride on 10/23/21 and looking forward to it. END OF QUOTE

MY REPLY:
    Four of the highways we ride on a regular basis. We love them. Add in 74 and 43 and you have more good riding. Any 3-digit state highways connected to any of the above, are also worth exploring.

Contact me if you would like to meet up. Sounds like you will be in our area.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-26-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    In one of your previous posts on Arkansas, I answered the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender
    Being from the middle of the country, our favorite destination is Arkansas and Missouri. We have been the the Tail of the Dragon and Blue Ridge Parkway but it is a long ride just to get to the good riding. Frankly I think that highways 7, 16,21 and 23 in Arkansas rival or exceed either of those other roads. We go to Arkansas to ride for a week twice each year. Once in the spring and once in the fall. Leaving for the fall ride on 10/23/21 and looking forward to it. END OF QUOTE

MY REPLY:
    Four of the highways we ride on a regular basis. We love them. Add in 74 and 43 and you have more good riding. Any 3-digit state highways connected to any of the above, are also worth exploring.

Contact me if you would like to meet up. Sounds like you will be in our area.
    .... and I ( and many others ) have posted about the great roads in Ark. & Missouri ..... You are a newbie, so your history here is limited ..... I don't know exactly how many Threads / Posts have appeared on this site since 08 but I wouldn't be surprised at 10 million plus .... so you have a lot of catching up to do ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... and I ( and many others ) have posted about the great roads in Ark. & Missouri ..... You are a newbie, so your history here is limited ..... I don't know exactly how many Threads / Posts have appeared on this site since 08 but I wouldn't be surprised at 10 million plus .... so you have a lot of catching up to do ..... good luck .... Mike
    Current Statistics from the bottom of the forum page:

Threads 117,388
    Posts 1,438,498
    Members 26,516
    Active Members 7,801

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Current Statistics from the bottom of the forum page:

Threads 117,388
    Posts 1,438,498
    Members 26,516
    Active Members 7,801
    WOW !!!! ......... I mis-stated, I should have said " VIEWS " .................... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    WOW !!!! ......... I mis-stated, I should have said " VIEWS " .................... Mike
    I would also have guessed a bit higher. But, I knew where to look.

2020 F3L , Magma Red