Spyder Garage

Default Any way to adjust the seat release?

21 RTL is almost impossible to get the seat to release, It takes several minutes to get it open to fill gas. I'm on the right side turn the key to release and try to pull it up. Is there any way to adjust it? It shuts too tight in my opinion.

Spyder Garage

First, spray some silicone spray on it, and work the mechanism. I’ll go look at my 22 demo RT and see if there is an adjuster. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Are you lifting on the right front edge of the seat? The locking pin is on the right front and if I try to open mine by lifting on the left front edge it will not open but opens easily when I lift on the right front.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't know if the 14 and 21 are the same, but I place a little down pressure on the seat above the latch as I turn the key and it releases very easily. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

On my 2012 RT, I used a "wire wrap" to go thru the mechanism, and along side the cable, then draped the edge outside the closed seat. If I give the outside end a gentle tug, it unlatched my seat every time.
    latch 2.jpglatch.jpg

Spyder Garage

On my 2012 RT, I used a "wire wrap" to go thru the mechanism, and along side the cable, then draped the edge outside the closed seat. If I give the outside end a gentle tug, it unlatched my seat every time.
    latch 2.jpglatch 2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Yes I am lifting the right front, that's where the latch is.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by solidgranite View Post
    latch 2.jpglatch.jpg
    I might have to try that

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the replies. I'll keep trying them and see what works best for me.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If the latch is somewhat the same as the pre-2020 models the stud extending from the seat can be adjusted in both directions, i.e., front to back and side to side. Check that out and set it so the stud goes as freely as possible down into the latch. I was able to set mine on my 2014 RT so that it releases easily when I turn the key. I also keep it lubed.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

What Mac said!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I wired my seat latch with fishing leader wire from Walmart and strung it to the RH side grill just in case this problem occurs.....like last night....then I lubed it up again as I hadn't done so in a while.
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White