Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

For our 2021 RTL, I bought a WeiSen hitch via Amazon and have been very pleased so far. Added Show Chrome/Big Bike Parts 5 pin wiring harness and Uni-go connector. Cut the upright verticle receiver section off of my Uni-go adapter left over from the GL1800. Bored a 7/8" hole in it and attached it with a good 7/8" bolt and nut. Solid setup to pull our Uni-go trailer. BTW, this hitch does not really mount to the axle. It mounts to the swing arm with a bolt through the hollow axle to help keep it clamped tight. We pulled it over back roads, construction, city bypasses (thanks, Chattanooga) to Birmingham and back with no issues. A ball-mount two-wheeled trailer should pull just as well. The WeiSen is no longer available on Amazon, but they have similar. It installed very easily.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    For our 2021 RTL, I bought a WeiSen hitch via Amazon and have been very pleased so far. Added Show Chrome/Big Bike Parts 5 pin wiring harness and Uni-go connector. Cut the upright verticle receiver section off of my Uni-go adapter left over from the GL1800. Bored a 7/8" hole in it and attached it with a good 7/8" bolt and nut. Solid setup to pull our Uni-go trailer. BTW, this hitch does not really mount to the axle. It mounts to the swing arm with a bolt through the hollow axle to help keep it clamped tight. We pulled it over back roads, construction, city bypasses (thanks, Chattanooga) to Birmingham and back with no issues. A ball-mount two-wheeled trailer should pull just as well. The WeiSen is no longer available on Amazon, but they have similar. It installed very easily.
    Would you mind posting up a few pics of what you did to get your Uni-go GL1800 adapter to work with your hitch? I've got an old Uni-go setting in the corner and was thinking about how to get it to work with my 2019 RTL.

Any issues towing it behind the Spyder, other than the usual backing it up?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicEd View Post
    Would you mind posting up a few pics of what you did to get your Uni-go GL1800 adapter to work with your hitch? I've got an old Uni-go setting in the corner and was thinking about how to get it to work with my 2019 RTL.

Any issues towing it behind the Spyder, other than the usual backing it up?

Thanks
    I'll have to take some. Was pretty easy (well, I did work up a sweat with the hack saw) just whacking the horizontal bar right after the square vertical tube, boring a hole the same size as the hitch ball hole (I used a metal cutting hole saw in my mini mill), drop a bolt through and a nut & lock washer under to tighten it up. Then I bored a 1/4" hole through both and drove a roll pin through them to keep it from pivoting on the bolt. Pulled beautifully and you can actually see it better than behind the GL1800. But still a problem to back. Use a five wire adapter as it needs that for the Uni-go.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c