Spyder Garage

Default Finally got a new Spyder

I have posted earlier that I am an old relic making the gradual move from 2 to 3 wheels. The first transition was to replace the HD Street Glide that I have in Palm Desert CA (our winter hangout) with a Spyder. I test rode a couple up here and decided that a RT Limited suited me best as I like to do multi-day trips.

We are due to head to CA sometime after the border opens on November 08 so I have been trying to trade in the FLHX and buy a new Spyder remotely so that it will be ready for my arrival in the desert. As other have said it's a sellers market and I was quoted anywhere between $2K and $4K in dealer add on fees. There was a good deal on a used 2020 but the dealer was not prepared to hold the bike for a month for me even if I paid upfront in full. They had the bike listed as a Dark Edition but the photos showed it was a Chrome bike. I think the realized that they had priced the bike as a Dark and left some $ on the table so they were keen to get out of the deal.

Following a recommendation on this Board I contacted iMotorports to see what they could do. The do offer a very decent deal to forum members where they waive the dealer fees other than a $300 documentation fee.They reduced the MSRP by the current BRP promotion of $500 and as most people know they also ship for free. They offered me about $2K less on the trade than I could get locally so I made the decision to buy the bike outright and sell my HD when I get down to the desert. It's a 12 month riding season in SoCal and my Street Glide is in great condition so I don't expect too much difficulty in selling it.

I signed the papers on the bike which is a 2021 RTL Dark Edition in Grey but before I did I got confirmation that it was a CARB approved unit and could be registered in CA. This was a valuable lesson that I learned from the mishap that another forum member experienced when his iMotorsports bike was not CARB approved. Just goes to show how valuable forums like these are.......

There was almost a different mishap on my bike. I got a call from iMotorports on Monday advising me that my bike had been sold to someone else in error and was on a truck somewhere heading for delivery. Luckily they were able to recall it and it should be back in Chicago soon. I feel for the other guy and hope he can find a suitable replacement.

As I don't need the bike for several weeks I am taking the opportunity to get some accessories installed before it's shipped. So far the list looks like this

Can Am Heated Comfort Seat and Backrest

Baja Ron sway bar

Garmin XT GPS mount

Highway Pegs

Rear turn signal modulators

LED fender turn signals

I suspect there are other goodies including a Pedal Commander in my near future............

I appreciate the help I have got so far from this forum and expect to be asking many dumb questions in the near future.

Spyder Garage

I remember reading that thread from the guy who had trouble registering his bike down in Callie. It's a good thing you double checked that.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Adjustable wind deflectors, backrest. Since iMotorsports discounts accessories sold with the deal and installs for free. I doubt you'll need the highway pegs.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Do you leave the bike in CA when you return to BC for the summer? If not, how do you work it out to live in both Canada and US, register the bike in the US, and take it back and forth w/o Canada requiring you to register it there? I presume you have Canadian citizenship.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

The bike stays in CA during the summer