Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hit a deer

Spyder Garage

Well I figured as much……….. The spyder is back together now. I need to wait a week till the LED headlights come in, they were also backordered from my aftermarket dealer. They (dealer) left the cracked fog light on and I will install the headlights myself. BRP just sent me an email this morning. “ Your part production date have been pushed back to July 8th. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will notify you as the date gets closer when this part will be shipped. Thank you for your patience.”

Yep July 8th. I guess I’m driving with a cracked fog light till next summer. By that time it will take 3-4 weeks to get the spyder into the shop once the part arrives and so forth. Might as well wait till fall to fix it. State Farm says I have up to 3 years now to finish the claim. The lady was very understanding and said go ahead and fix and ride. We’ll complete the documents when the final part is installed. So I am hoping to have my Bella back next week. I can deal with a cracked foglight for the time being. Worst it will do is fog up or blow the bulb. I’m planning on putting a thin swipe of hot glue over the crack then clear packing tape over and 2 more strips on outside edges. It should seal fine.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Glad it's finally ready to ride for you! Sucks having a $25k 'boat anchor'.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What a pain.

Spyder Garage

Glad you are ok. Same has happened to me in a cage. They come out of nowhere!
    Post some pics of you can.
    2012 Blue Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Hi mate", I hit a Fox last December and $3650.00 AU dollars to repair the front trunk, I also got rear disc pads replaced on the spyder while it was getting repaired. When I hit the Fox I was doing 60 mph and the sound was like a shotgun going off. I said I thank God I am on 3 wheels and not 2