Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Spyder RT Base - do they have wiring for Heated seats?

Long time listener first time caller. I have a 2020 RT Base and have a chance to buy factory heated seats from someone who changed to an aftermarket set up. The question I have is the wiring still on the RT Base for the heated seats? I know I would have to get the buttons for the dash and the rear but just curious if anyone knows. I assume it would be like most things that come from factory, the wiring is still there as it is part of one big harness but just want to be sure. Any help would be appreciated.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Owner

Welcome to the Spyder Forum.

What city are your near? I have been using Flat-Out of Indianapolis shop for all my services and have been pleased with their work.
    Give them a call and see if they can help you out with this information. They have been very helpful to me. Enjoy your Ryde Time and always be Safe. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Im in Washington, couple hours south of Indy. I have heard Flat-Out as being good. I have one spot closer but I care more about quality work than the drive.

Spyder Garage

I can only find one part number for the main harness, when I looked it up last year.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think as a general practice.... manufacturer's in order to make things less complicated ( an less error prone ) have one standard wiring harness for their vehicles. So it's very likely the wiring and connectors are already there. I have a base RT and I have found a few connectors that arn't connected to anything, because my model don't have those features as on an LTD model .... others here have added things like " cruise control " and only had to buy the mechanism the wiring was already in the harness ...... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

bigbee47715,

I have a 2021 RT Base and switched to Heated Comfort seats and the wiring is definitely there. Underneath the blank switch cover on the dash and next to the passenger seat is the connector for the switch and the seat connectors are under the seats.

Good luck, I tried the heated seats to make sure that they worked but have not used them, I got the Comfort seat for the additional 2 inches.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yawnsky24 View Post
    bigbee47715,

I have a 2021 RT Base and switched to Heated Comfort seats and the wiring is definitely there. Underneath the blank switch cover on the dash and next to the passenger seat is the connector for the switch and the seat connectors are under the seats.

Good luck, I tried the heated seats to make sure that they worked but have not used them, I got the Comfort seat for the additional 2 inches.
    Might I ask where you got your switches/toggles?

Spyder Garage

I got the seat as near new and it came with the switches. I would think that they could be ordered separately but I can't say for certain.