Spyder Garage

Default Ryker brake light “stuck on” issue - Anyone else? Any fixes?

I have a 2021 Ryker Rally. Less than 600 miles. The the brake light starts to come on at random while the machine is off. Flickers between running light and brake light intensity. While riding today, the brake stayed on at the brake activation intensity and didn’t adjust at all to running light intensity.

Has anyone else had this issue? Possible fixes or adjustments to anything on the brake assembly that I can and should try?

Any help is appreciated. Ordered a new brake switch just in case.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like the brake switch issue located behind the brake pedal. One of the members here had the same issue and added a 2nd spring to resolve the issue. Its usually one of two things, a bad switch or a weak spring.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

You might find this video helpful......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnu70DlPJxc
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-21-2021 at 01:57 AM. Reason: find ;-)
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Brake light

It is a brake pedal adjustment take it back to the dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by jessburt25 View Post
    I have a 2021 Ryker Rally. Less than 600 miles. The the brake light starts to come on at random while the machine is off. Flickers between running light and brake light intensity. While riding today, the brake stayed on at the brake activation intensity and didn’t adjust at all to running light intensity.

Has anyone else had this issue? Possible fixes or adjustments to anything on the brake assembly that I can and should try?

Any help is appreciated. Ordered a new brake switch just in case.
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone for the input. My dealer is 2 hours away, so trying all things before taking a two hour ride to get it looked at. The brakes themselves are working properly, it’s just been the light switch issue. I’ve adjusted the depth of the switch a hair. Will give it a test run soon. So far, no ghost lighting while the machine is off. While running it appears to be working correctly. Have back up parts just in case. Very much appreciated.

Spyder Garage

My Ryker Rally 2020 had the same problem a few month ago.
    The brake light was on all the time and the bike could be started without hitting the brake pedal.
    But the biggest problem was, that the bike entered limp home mode after driving a while, showing VSS malfunction.
    Thats because the bike realises you are accelerating, while braking at the same time ... and so, after a while,
    it thinks there must be a malfunction (and yes, there indeed is a malfunction -> the switch).

What I did, was to take out the fuse (sorry, I cant remenmber which one, you have to try it) to get the light off, and let the bike be picked up by the dealer to fix it under warranty.
    In my case it was not the spring, it was the micro-switch inside the brake light switch itself, which was operated all the time.

Regards
    Michael

Spyder Garage

When I first got my 2020 Ryker last year, I was having the same problem and just adjusted the brake switch. That fixed the problem.