Spyder Garage

Default Left side Trim by the mirrors with fitting issues!! Any ideas on a fix??

2020 RT. I usually am good to over react to pretty much everything, but, I'm not the most mechanically inclined person out there. My problem is the left side trim by the mirrors. The dash does not meet up correctly to the outer trim. I noticed this a few months ago but ,it looks worse. Any ideas on a fix. The dealer is in Nashville Illinois. They are a volume dealer which means they sell every make model of vehicle no matter the brand or useage. On-Road, Off road, water, etc. To be honest, I don't know if I even trust them because I think it was this way all along. I have NEVER bumped that side, etc. I am a fair weather rider. Maybe paranoia, but I think I brought it home this way in February. Anywho, please check out the picks. I hope I took them well enough to see what is going on. I hope the pics upload, I am new that this.

Steve North
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

The little small plastic piece just snap into place. Try removing it and while it's off check for broken or missing tabs.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    The little small plastic piece just snap into place. Try removing it and while it's off check for broken or missing tabs.
    That trim piece does not even snap into place securely. It does not fit properly which I think is related to the other fitment issues. I did have it off I just forgot to include that picture.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

If my Spyder was not outside in the dark double covered I would go look at it but I am 99% sure this is the same issue I had with mine. It is not that small filler trim piece between the mirror and the dash. The problem is up in that corner where the front (vertical) piece of the dash should be fitted over that tab in the corner that is part of the top (horizontal) dash piece. I had to pop that piece back in place correctly on the right side of my Spyder and then everything lined up correctly.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanTMM View Post
    If my Spyder was not outside in the dark double covered I would go look at it but I am 99% sure this is the same issue I had with mine. It is not that small filler trim piece between the mirror and the dash. The problem is up in that corner where the front (vertical) piece of the dash should be fitted over that tab in the corner that is part of the top (horizontal) dash piece. I had to pop that piece back in place correctly on the right side of my Spyder and then everything lined up correctly.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I am so afraid I’m gonna break some thing. I’m just gonna have to take the mirror off so I have more leverage. Thank you for the verification.

Steve
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

This looks like one I saw in the dealers when I picked up my S2S. In pic.4, if you look just above the gap in the trim piece, there is a tab on the black piece that goes over the top of the dash that has not been fitted properly. Check against the other side or another 2020/21. It may be distorting something to stop you fitting the trim piece. I don't know how to fit it back in if it is that, sorry.
    Regards,
    Alan.

Spyder Garage

Fear not! It snaps in. Call me - I’ll walk you thru it! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Fear not! It snaps in. Call me - I’ll walk you thru it! Joe
    Thank you. I might just take you up on the call. Several pieces on the front don't appear locked in place. Very frustrating for a 23000 bike. As much as I want to LOVE this machine, I am seriously having buyers remorse and I don't want that. Check these pics out. The trim piece just behind where the frunk closes pushes down on the right side looking at the bike. It should have a tab locking it in place. Also, from the mirror back. Nothing is fitting well. lots of gaps and yesterday I heard wind noises for the first time (at least that I heard). Sounded like wind going through the holes into the bike. That is why I investigated more. Here are the pics. Hope they can do justice to my claims.

Thank you much.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beerandchips View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I am so afraid I’m gonna break some thing. I’m just gonna have to take the mirror off so I have more leverage. Thank you for the verification.

Steve
    I actually discovered mine when I was installing the LaMonster mirror locks. I used one of those plastic interior panel removal tools to help persuade it back into place. There may be better ways, but that worked for me.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic