Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wipatters View Post
    I've previously driven a earlier model Can-am Spyder for a quite few miles and really liked it. As far as fun factor, the Spyder has me hooked. I am presently on a 2-wheel luxury touring bike.

I'm presently looking for a new 2021 RL Limited in Petrol Blue in Ohio. I've found that 2021's in any color seem to be quite a rarity.

Yes, the economy (thank you Covid) is insane. I was shopping for the RT Limited model in Florida when I was travelling down there a few weeks ago. After looking at the sticker price I asked the salesperson for their best price. They went back to wherever they keep their Can-Am pricing super-computers and happily shared with me their "best" price that is at least $2k HIGHER than the sticker price! I probably had that deer-in-the-headlights look when I heard that!

One dealer in Florida told me that they don't do test rides due to their insurance. I'm not sure how long they'll survive if their buyers cant test ride their new purchase until AFTER they've paid for it.

It's crazy out there!
    Don't know where you're at in Ohio. Mosites Motorsports in PA below Pittsburgh is showing a petrol chrome edition in stock.

Spyder Garage

There is a 20/21 RT sitting at the Harley dealer in Valparaiso IN. It's been there for a couple weeks.

Spyder Garage

Just posted my 21 f3 limited dark for 23000. 782 miles. Mint. I dont think thats crazy price?

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rv6a View Post
    There is a 20/21 RT sitting at the Harley dealer in Valparaiso IN. It's been there for a couple weeks.
    There are two there and both are use and they are asking more than retail price for a new one. The 2020 RTL dark they are asking 28,995 and the 2021 RTL chrome they are asking 30,999. You can buy new with full warrantee at Imotorsports for thousands less. And they will deliver it to you free. I love a good deal when I see it but that one at the Harley dealer don't look like one.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 10-25-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    There are two there and both are use and they are asking more than retail price for a new one. The 2020 RTL dark they are asking 28,995 and the 2021 RTL chrome they are asking 30,999. You can buy new with full warrantee at Imotorsports for thousands less. And they will deliver it to you free. I love a good deal when I see it but that one at the Harley dealer don't look like one.
    And please allow me to add: Caveat Emptor (if you don't understand Latin, it translates to) Let the buyer beware.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Oct. 29, 2021

The older bikes didn't depreciate, but they increased in price due to the lack of new 2022's until March of 2022. The used Spyders are selling for almost the same price as the new ones. This will continue until the new bikes come out in March.

Spyder Garage

Yesterday we brought my husband's F3T to our dealership for scheduled maintenance.

While we were there, we noticed 5 Rykers and 5 F3 Spyders in a neat row in the parking lot. Each machine had a large white sticker with a number on its fender -- 1 through 5. I asked what that was about, and was told that these were machines that had been used for new rider training at the nearby community college. Since the training season is over here in upstate New York, back came the machines to the dealership, where they will be cleaned up and then offered for sale.

Maybe you can ask around and find out what dealership in your area provides Spyders and Rykers for rider training, and get a line on such a unit.
    2016 Spyder F3-S