Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Pickens are slim - searching for a Spyder to buy...

Not having too much luck searching for a Spyder to buy. People are asking crazy money for ten year old bikes. Like , way more than I sold my GS for five years ago. Did the gs rs and st ‘s appreciate after they got discontinued ? Very few of those or f3’s around here for sale. Hoping cold weather boosts inventory.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

check Imotorsports

Spyder Garage

Just like all other toys, inventory is low and prices are up. One by-product of covid is people cancelled vacations and bought toys with the money.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    Not having too much luck searching for a Spyder to buy. People are asking crazy money for ten year old bikes. Like , way more than I sold my GS for five years ago. Did the gs rs and st ‘s appreciate after they got discontinued ? Very few of those or f3’s around here for sale. Hoping cold weather boosts inventory.
    Take a look at mine, I think it’s priced very fair as it’s $1000 under retail https://lincoln.craigslist.org/mcy/d...385259096.html

Spyder Garage

My son has a 2019 ryker rally with 7200 miles, for sale. If interested let me know an will you guys together..
    2019 F3 t , Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Patience is the key. I just picked up a 2016 F3T for the wife. It is exactly like mine, but 1/2 the milage (26k vs 12.5k). I was able to get it for trade in value. He purchased it about 6 months earlier and just couldn't bring himself to get back into the sport. I felt that would be the case when he purchased it, so I just dropped the notion in his ear that I would be interested and waited. It seems to have paid off. Now I just hope the wife likes riding as much as I do. If not, it might give me a chance to upgrade to a 2020+ RT Limited.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

The prices are up for everything.

If the auto dealers can do it, why not the Spyder dealers and used market too?

A couple years ago, it was a buyers market. Great discounts and rebates. Now, your lucky to get a small discount. Glad I got my last one before things went crazy.

Now...it is a sellers market. I can wait until things settle down and will before I buy ANY big ticket items.

My five year old Subaru is going to the dealer on Friday. In addition to 30K maintenance, its getting new tires and a battery. Should last me another five years...and I will be 81 then.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-18-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

A lot of us baby boomers are getting too old to hold up heavy touring bikes or the wife wants off the back seat is part of the used shortage.
    Can't get or want to wait for new so previously enjoyed is the next step when one has the itch and cash.
    It took my wife a while to find her recent purchase of a '15 F3 in her acceptable color. It matches her sled also LOL . There is no procrastinating right now, you snooze you lose.
    John
    "some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
    '15 F3S SE6
    '01 FLHR
    Ski Doo 1200's
    Boats
    2015 F3S SE6 , Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post

~~~what years and models (RT or F3?) are you looking for, and how much or little do you want to spend?

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    2020 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck, crazy times.

Spyder Garage

When I was in the market, ALL the dealers within 200 miles wanted MSRP plus $1500-3k markup. Imotorsports was out of 20 and 21 F3's. I lucked out and was patient with one dealer who had 1 base F3 left and I got it for what Imotorsports would have sold it to me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a 15 RTS and 622 with low mileage for sale as complete set

Spyder Garage

Mainly looking for a 2015 F3 for cheap. 11,5 is the cheapest I’ve seen lately. It was pretty far from me. Did not pursue it too hard. The manual bikes don’t seem to sell well. That will work in my favor. I prefer a manual clutch. Thanks for the offers on RT’s and Rykers. It will be a F3 , or rs, or st. Might have to pick up a vintage 70’s small caliber Japanese something to putt around on in the meantime. Seems to be a lot of those around these days.

Spyder Garage

What’s the story on the white Harley coz, the one you have pictured in all your posts, at least in this thread (fun while it lasted)

Best,

Jake
    Reddick, Fla.
    It’s never too late to have a happy childhood
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The prices are up for everything.

If the auto dealers can do it, why not the Spyder dealers and used market too?

A couple years ago, it was a buyers market. Great discounts and rebates. Now, your lucky to get a small discount. Glad I got my last one before things went crazy.

Now...it is a sellers market. I can wait until things settle down and will before I buy ANY big ticket items.

My five year old Subaru is going to the dealer on Friday. In addition to 30K maintenance, its getting new tires and a battery. Should last me another five years...and I will be 81 then.
    Spot on. I had a dealer offer me a couple grand more for my 2019 Corvette Z06 than I paid two and a half years ago. Insane.

As for Spyders, I wanted to buy new for my wife's 1st 3-wheel bike (after 40 years of 2-wheel BMW's). After the research I did, I consider myself lucky to have found an in-stock RT Limited in the right color at MSRP a couple weeks ago.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    Spot on. I had a dealer offer me a couple grand more for my 2019 Corvette Z06 than I paid two and a half years ago. Insane.

As for Spyders, I wanted to buy new for my wife's 1st 3-wheel bike (after 40 years of 2-wheel BMW's). After the research I did, I consider myself lucky to have found an in-stock RT Limited in the right color at MSRP a couple weeks ago.

~~~Welcome to the greatest Can Am Spyder/Ryker forum on the internet mneblett!

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart - Marcus Aurelius
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger on a f3-s earlier this yr after shopping around for 2 yrs, The market has gone absolutely crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
    What’s the story on the white Harley coz, the one you have pictured in all your posts, at least in this thread (fun while it lasted)

Best,

Jake
    Reddick, Fla.
    It’s never too late to have a happy childhood
    Just sold the Ultra in August. Just too big and heavy to deal with. I have a hip going bad these days , need something lighter weight , easier to ride.

Rode the Spyder for five years, sold it, rode the Ultra for five years, sold it. Looking for another Spyder to ride for a few more years.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Couple of f3's here. Dealer I got my RT from last year. Good communication, good deal.

https://www.morrismotorsports.com/inventory/new/Can-Am/
    2020 RT-L , Lamonster brake pedal riser Red

Spyder Garage
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Same thing here

I've previously driven a earlier model Can-am Spyder for a quite few miles and really liked it. As far as fun factor, the Spyder has me hooked. I am presently on a 2-wheel luxury touring bike.

I'm presently looking for a new 2021 RL Limited in Petrol Blue in Ohio. I've found that 2021's in any color seem to be quite a rarity.

Yes, the economy (thank you Covid) is insane. I was shopping for the RT Limited model in Florida when I was travelling down there a few weeks ago. After looking at the sticker price I asked the salesperson for their best price. They went back to wherever they keep their Can-Am pricing super-computers and happily shared with me their "best" price that is at least $2k HIGHER than the sticker price! I probably had that deer-in-the-headlights look when I heard that!

One dealer in Florida told me that they don't do test rides due to their insurance. I'm not sure how long they'll survive if their buyers cant test ride their new purchase until AFTER they've paid for it.

It's crazy out there!

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wipatters View Post
    I've previously driven a earlier model Can-am Spyder for a quite few miles and really liked it. As far as fun factor, the Spyder has me hooked. I am presently on a 2-wheel luxury touring bike.

I'm presently looking for a new 2021 RL Limited in Petrol Blue in Ohio. I've found that 2021's in any color seem to be quite a rarity.

Yes, the economy (thank you Covid) is insane. I was shopping for the RT Limited model in Florida when I was travelling down there a few weeks ago. After looking at the sticker price I asked the salesperson for their best price. They went back to wherever they keep their Can-Am pricing super-computers and happily shared with me their "best" price that is at least $2k HIGHER than the sticker price! I probably had that deer-in-the-headlights look when I heard that!

One dealer in Florida told me that they don't do test rides due to their insurance. I'm not sure how long they'll survive if their buyers cant test ride their new purchase until AFTER they've paid for it.

It's crazy out there!
    Wipatters Try looking here at one of our Spyderlovers sponsors if you are interested in an RT, They will deliver to you for free and if you tell them your a Spyderlovers member they will wave the setup fees ect. They also have some leftover 2020 RT https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...er&make=can-am
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

hey Coz,
    SPYD3R-man-Dan here...
    hey pal, i feel your pain....
    sold my '09 RS for $10K w/63,000 miles on it back in 2015 when i bot my new '15 F3... (i've since traded that for mu now 2019 F3)... heard about 6 months ago, that the guy that bot my RS for $10K sold it for $11,500 with an additional 3000 miles of smiles on it.... life sux, and then we die... (well, not really... life is GOOD, but we still die @ some point in time)....
    best of luck my fren...
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Coz

hey Coz,
    SPYD3R-man-Dan here...
    hey pal, i feel your pain....
    sold my '09 RS for $10K w/63,000 miles on it back in 2015 when i bot my new '15 F3... (i've since traded that for mu now 2019 F3)... heard about 6 months ago, that the guy that bot my RS for $10K sold it for $11,500 with an additional 3000 miles of smiles on it.... life sux, and then we die... (well, not really... life is GOOD, but we still die @ some point in time)....
    best of luck my fren...
    SPYD3R