Spyder Garage

Default How I've fitted a large touring tank bag onto the Ryker

When we ordered our Ryker 900 it was clear, that we will use it as a 2up touring machine, which should replace our "old" motorcycles what we used in the last 37 years..
    For all our luggage we need around 100 liters (minimum ) for a comfortable 2-weeks holiday-tour !

Its not a question if a tank bag looks good or not, the best place to load heavy baggage on a bike is always on the tank and not the topcase, the same on a Ryker ! Also with this large 22 liter bag I have no problems with the handlebars in the curves or the view to the Display. I do not touch it with my belly. Its fixed on two Brackets under the lid of the Tank and a elastic band under the frame in the front of the driver seat - fits perfect !! You could use most of the Motorcycle tank bags .. I love the "Vanucci" brand, its the highest Quality you can get.
    (we use that fitting since 22.000 miles now)

https://www.louis.at/artikel/vanucci...umber=10067103
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great job Chris.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Super job ! How did you attach the elastic band under the frame in the front of the driver seat - could you maybe take a few pics of how you have attached it.
    I noticed you did not attach straps to the side clips of the bag - is there no need for that?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Inge View Post
    Super job ! How did you attach the elastic band under the frame in the front of the driver seat - could you maybe take a few pics of how you have attached it.
    I noticed you did not attach straps to the side clips of the bag - is there no need for that?
    Hi Inge,
    I`ll make a video the next days .. its only fixed on three points, the rest on the sides I will cut away - maybe you see it better here, for the brackets on the top I use two red snap hooks .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Very nice, an extra 22 liters will come in handy for those long trips. For local or shorter trips, I imagine its easily removable when not needed.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great solution and nicely done.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Chris - this clarifies a great deal. Just still wondering what you used to attach the bungee cord to the seat. Am looking forward to your video.
    When you cut the sides away - will it not start to fray?