Spyder Garage

Default Any problems fueling 2020 RT using Ultimate Seat?

Have 2020 RT-L and looking into Ultimate Seat. Did search on this question but found nothing.
    For those having the Ultimate Seat with gas door do you have problem removing gas cap?
    Appreciate any info.

Thanks,
    Thad

Spyder Garage

This doesn't answer your question, didn't know the name of my seat so I went to BRP website
    and built a RT limited and the name of my seat is heated "Comfort Seat" and that it is !
    very comfortable and no issues with removing gas cap. I also have a back rest and boy does it lock you in

Hopefully someone here will see your question and answer for you.

Spyder Garage

I personally do not have a problem!
    BUT, my hands are on the smaller side and a person with larger than normal hands might.
    I'd say if wrist is or takes a 9" band or bracelet they might have difficulty, but do not know this to be a fact.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I have the ultimate seat by BRP and love it. I did not find a difference between it and the factory stock seat in terms of getting to the gas cap.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I have an Ultimate seat with a gas door on my 2012 RTS and had it transferred to my 2019 when I traded bikes. I have only had a problem getting the gas cap off when the cap was 'vapor-locked'. I'm female so my hands are smaller than you guys, but getting my hand in to the gas cap has never been a problem... just hand strength at those vapor-locked times to 'break' the cap loose. Even then, it just takes a few extra tries.

LOVE not having to unstrap and remove my travel bag to gas up.
    Ride safe,
    Gina J

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As a vendor I put Gas Doors on Non- Ultimate seats .... The doors I used were the same as what Ultimate uses. They are large enough to use the OEM gas cap ..... Nobody ever told me they couldn't get the cap off .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I would love to see a short video of how you work the gas cap on an Ultimate Seat