Spyder Garage

Default New trailer for the RT

When we drove our 2012 RT’s both Penny and I had Can Am RT-622 trailers hooked up. Since she has owned her 2020 RTL storage has not been a problem but a couple of recent shopping trips had her suggesting how handy it would be to have a trailer again.

The dealer price on a Can Am trailer is still in the statosphere, so I looked around for alternatives. I found USA trailer sales in Greeneville SC had some offerings, so after not finding any 622 or Freedoms for sale on Spyderlovers I ordered one of their Legend models.

They ship the trailers unassembled but since they aren’t that far away from us I had them assemble it and went to Greeneville to pick it up.

Cautious about after market hitches, we had the dealer install the standard RT hitch at a cost of around $900 including the wiring. Then I added the adapter from the CanAm square plug wire to the standard flat plug on the trailer that is available from LeMonster and we are good to go.

The legend is gloss black polycarbonate finish and matches well with the black finish on parts of the blue RT. The trailer comes equipped with a Rubbermaid cooler mounted on the hitch tongue but we removed that so we could add a crank-down wheel stand to make it easier to move around. The cooler fits inside the trailer and there is still plenty of space left over. In fact, it is deeper and a bit longer than the old RT -622 she had before.

At 350 (loaded) pounds the Legend tows well and at a cost of under $3,000 is a great alternative to the CanAm unit.
    Last edited by Pennyrick; 10-17-2021 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Clarify
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought the freedom trailer was 3500 bucks?? Plus there maybe used units to buy too. But anyway have fun!

Spyder Garage

Rick, what was the order to pickup time if you don't mind me asking?
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Rick, what was the order to pickup time if you don't mind me asking?
    Took two days for them to build but there were six orders in front of us. We picked it up three weeks after we ordered it.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Photo posted of new Legend trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

https://theusatrailerstore.com/legen...cycle-trailer/

Specifications

Hitch Height: 13"
    Overall Trailer Dimensions: 91" (L) x 45"(W) x 34"(H)
    Interior Box Dimensions: 51"(L) x 32"(W) x 18" (H)
    Tongue Weight: 20 lbs
    Wheel Base: 38''
    Empty Weight: 170 lbs
    Load Capacity: 350 lbs
    Wheels: 12 x 4.8

WARRANTY:

3-Year Warranty
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Dats a purty trailer
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White