Spyder Garage

Default Pass through gas cap

I have installed a fuel door on my 2019 RT Ultimate seat but then realized that removing the gas cap through the door is a pain and nearly impossible. I became aware of the Hagen pass through cap on this forum and ordered one. The web site states that the cap is vented for vacuum and "can be modified to vent for pressure". Does anyone know if the cap needs to be modified to vent for pressure also on the Spyder? Also, web site states that if the vehicle has an ecu(as I believe that the Spyder does) that the cap may cause the ecu to throw codes. Any experience with that issue also?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I have installed a fuel door on my 2019 RT Ultimate seat but then realized that removing the gas cap through the door is a pain and nearly impossible. I became aware of the Hagen pass through cap on this forum and ordered one. The web site states that the cap is vented for vacuum and "can be modified to vent for pressure". Does anyone know if the cap needs to be modified to vent for pressure also on the Spyder? Also, web site states that if the vehicle has an ecu(as I believe that the Spyder does) that the cap may cause the ecu to throw codes. Any experience with that issue also?
    A long time ago I had a " perma cap " ( which appears to have been bought out by Hagen ) and never had an issue .... good luck .... Mike