Spyder Garage

Default 600 mile service for free ??????

Oct. 15, 2021

I asked a dealer about getting a free 600 mile service since they are concerned about filings in the oil and tightness on the bolts and belt adjustment. They told me BURP won't pay them and that is why there is no Free 600 mile service. I mentioned that it would be good for the customer knowing you care about the quality of the bike and the safety . I guess if BURP thought it was necessary, they would pay for it. JMO.
    Why would BRP pay for a service that is not recommended by them ? They wouldn't. It definitely isn't under warranty for maintenance.
    Last edited by Motogordo; 10-18-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

I'm guessing here but since you are asking about a 600 mile service you no longer have the 2011 RT. There is no 600 mile service on the 1330 not since it was introduced in 2014. First service is at 3000 mi then every 9500 miles or once a year there after. I think I am remembering right.Go check your owner's manual and I think that is what you will see.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Why keep going on about this ficticious 600 mile service for a 1330 cc Spyder??

There is now and never has been the need or call for a 600 mile service on a 1330 engined Spyder - their FIRST service is due at 3000 miles, NOT at 600 miles!

BRP has decided that they've built these machines well enough that they don't need to be concerned AT ALL about any filings in the oil or tightness on the bolts and belt adjustment at 600 miles, and they have tailored their warranty & service schedule to reflect that! Any dealer suggesting that you need an earlier service is ignoring BRP's service & maintenance schedule and most likely playing on your lack of knowledge of that schedule & your gullibility in order to rip you off!!

So don't be a sucker & fall for the con!! Your 1330 cc Spyder DOES NOT NEED A 600 MILE SERVICE!!

But if you want to needlessly spend money on something that BRP has determined is not necessary, I'm sure you can find a dealer who'll be only too pleased to take your cash! In fact, if you've got money to throw away needlessly, have you considered buying a bridge?? I juust might know of one that I could sell you....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Your up awfully early or is it awfully late there?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Your up awfully early or is it awfully late there?
    Not all that early.... We're on Daylight Saving Time now, have been for a few weeks; so the Sun has clawed it's way over the horizon & it's almost 08:00 here in South Oz - I've been out & about for a while already.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Great response, Peter!
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.