Thread: New Spyder

Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder

I finally got my21 RTL from iMotorsports, It was delivered Wednesday, but I was busy and only rode it into the garage. Thursday I took it out for my first ride on 3 wheels. I have read all the post and watched a lot of videos, so I pretty well knew what to expect. Took a 20 mile ride up to the lake , It felt really squirrely, which I chocked up to new rider. Got into the parking lot and practice a bunch of turns and figure 8's then back home, so a total of 40 miles. I decided to check the front tires, They both has 30 not 20. Lowered the air and took her out again, Much better, I tried various speeds all the way up to 80, (Which I never do), It was really nice, I rode 60 miles. My only need now is more time in the seat, and to figure out what to do with the handle bars. On my Harley I ran 2+2's, Up 2" Back 2". On the Spyder I felt like I had to lean over and down and I'm only 5'9". I felt like I was on a crotch rocket. Does anybody have any suggestions? Short reach bars, F3 Bars or a riser kit? My wife wants to ride it too. Harley always had a detailed handlebar compassion, I can't find anything like that on BRP.

Spyder Garage

I installed the Lamonster handlebar riser and it helped a lot. I am 5'9". I also installed his floorboard riser which raised the floorboard up 2".

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JRat View Post
    I finally got my21 RTL from iMotorsports, It was delivered Wednesday, but I was busy and only rode it into the garage. Thursday I took it out for my first ride on 3 wheels. I have read all the post and watched a lot of videos, so I pretty well knew what to expect. Took a 20 mile ride up to the lake , It felt really squirrely, which I chocked up to new rider. Got into the parking lot and practice a bunch of turns and figure 8's then back home, so a total of 40 miles. I decided to check the front tires, They both has 30 not 20. Lowered the air and took her out again, Much better, I tried various speeds all the way up to 80, (Which I never do), It was really nice, I rode 60 miles. My only need now is more time in the seat, and to figure out what to do with the handle bars. On my Harley I ran 2+2's, Up 2" Back 2". On the Spyder I felt like I had to lean over and down and I'm only 5'9". I felt like I was on a crotch rocket. Does anybody have any suggestions? Short reach bars, F3 Bars or a riser kit? My wife wants to ride it too. Harley always had a detailed handlebar compassion, I can't find anything like that on BRP.
    You have Kenda tires Now, for your own safety put 28 psi in the REAR tire ( not the fronts ) ...... Auto tires are very safe at lower PSI's because they are stronger .... not so with the Kenda's ..... & ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

RTL's sit higher, love my 2020, F3L. im 5 -9 also.. its like it was made for me. over 1000 miles of fun this yr so far... congrats..
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the greatest Spyder forum on the internet JRat, and congrats on the new Spyder. I love mine

FWIW I’m running 20 PSI in the front and 28 PSI in the rear. Feels like the right air pressure to me (OEM tires)

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    It’s never too late to have a happy childhood
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-16-2021 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Removed orphaned [/url] ???
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

On my 2021 RTL I found that 18 in the fronts and 28 in the rear is my sweet spot... 20 in front was just too squirrely.
    I went all the way ...think $$$... and put Heli-Bars on this bike. LOVE them! So many ways to custom adjust - just for me.
    The Utopia back rest was a must for me also.
    As well as the foam over-grips for my tender palms... along with my original rubber Throttle Boss on the grips.
    I do enjoy this bike - I hope you will have miles of smiles on yours.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Mine came from iMotorsports with 30 psi front and 35 rear. I lowered them to 18/28. Came with a full tank of gas, though!
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

The rear was fine just the fronts that were overfilled.

Spyder Garage

I bought the risers from Sling Mods, and at 5’7” the reach to the bars feels just right. As to tire pressure, I keep the OEM tires at 22 front, 30 rear, and that gives the bike the feel that I like.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats and enjoy !

Spyder Garage

I bought both a 2" riser from lamonstergarage, and F3 bars. The F3 bars are difficult to find however. At least they were when I wanted them. I also put installed the floorboard risers from lamonstergarage as well. It's definitely a lot better.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Owner

Nice choice for your Spyder, 2021 RTL.
    Enjoy your Ryde Time and be Safe. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Congratulations!

I put on the Lamonster Riser, because it's one piece.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.