There has been some discussion of where the frame stamped VIN is located in the RT forum, but I can find nothing here in F3-land. I have a “new” 2015 F3S, so maybe the location is the same as the later RTs, on the inside of the right frame rail, just behind the front wheel. If anyone else has had to find this for a DMV title transfer, please post where you found the friggin thing.. .
I thought the swing arm label would be good enough to satisfy, but my local DMV service lady needs both to satisfy our omnipotent California DMV. We spent a half hour crawling around trying to find it per the owner’s manual and advice from the local service writer. Finally took it in to the dealer and the service manager claims it’s on the left side below the windscreen under the tupperware. I plan to put the Spyder up on jackstands for an oil change, so will check the lower right first, before tearing off the plastic, but am hopeful someone else has gone through the same experience and can share.

If I can expose the thing for inspection at home, my new DMV service lady friend will drive over and inspect.